It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:41 pm 
LOST Member

Just finished with a tune up before she goes under the knife for a major over hull. Many plans for her in new year.

Frankenlift II Premium (CRD Upgrade)+1 iso, Jeepin by Al 4.5 A arms
16x8 KMC Enduro XDs, 265/75 16 Goodyear Duratracs
Air Flow snorkel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

scout wrote:

Just finished with a tune up before she goes under the knife for a major over hull. Many plans for her in new year.

Looks like you went a little smaller with the light array too. Still looks good, engine work?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:54 pm 
LOST Member

Dirus wrote:
scout wrote:

Looks like you went a little smaller with the light array too. Still looks good, engine work?

No engine work yet. I'm going to be modifying my bumpers, and rock sliders, full length roof rack, hood vents/louvers, MBRP exhaust, and full suspension upgrade among other things. Your rig is looking really good. I still wish I knew about the CRDs before I bought mine.

Air Flow snorkel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

scout wrote:

No engine work yet. I'm going to be modifying my bumpers, and rock sliders, full length roof rack, hood vents/louvers, MBRP exhaust, and full suspension upgrade among other things. Your rig is looking really good. I still wish I knew about the CRDs before I bought mine.

do the hood vents help with anything?

and thanks, yours among others were what inspired me to go ahead and build mine out, your blog on progressing along with outfitting your jeep was really useful to see what helps and what dose not coming form a stock rig like mine.

I never wanted a liberty, I was more of a K5 6.2 diesel guy then I found out about the CRDs. in my area they are usually around 10K still but got mine for little over 4K, Green Diesel sold it to me for the cost of the timing repair when a guy let the belt brake >.>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:29 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Oil change, new air filter, prepped for snorkel installation later this week, prepped for installation of my rock rails (had rusted bolts break from the salt back in IL), and created a system in my trunk so my tool box and recovery stuff does not slide around.

possibly ordering a synthetic winch line later on...

Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Put on some amber LED rubber strip lights in the gap between the fender flare and the ARB bumper (new bumper from ARB only has white markers).

if it holds up (shrink wrap and shrink butt connectors are my hope) I think this is a good way to get some amber light going on the forward view in a place thats protected.

if they hold up im going to put a little 2 inch strip right at the edge of the bumper/fender flare that only comes on with the flasher. left myself the ability to wire that in later.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:29 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Working on driver side carpet and floor issues. Ordered weather tech floor mats finally after 5 years of holding out. Adding new rear shocks tomorrow and new struts on the front end as well...waiting for the dang snorkel

Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:03 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

And new tie rods...this thing has been a project this week!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:16 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

got a set of Hercules Tera Trac AT II for an unbelievable price. I'll check em' out, 265/75/16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 pm 
LOST Member

STINGN wrote:
got a set of Hercules Tera Trac AT II for an unbelievable price. I'll check em' out, 265/75/16

How big is your lift?

L.O.S.T. #31000
03 Liberty Freedom Edition
Susp Front: JBA 4" Coilovers Rear: JBA 4" HD Springs w/ Bilstein HD Shocks, JBA Tri-Link Extension
Tires: 32" (265/70/17) Cooper STT PROs, 17x7.5 OEM Wheels w/ 1.5" Spacers
Skids: OEM Engine
Lighting: 42" Auxbeam LED Light Bar, DDM Tuning HIDs, & Euro Turn Signals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Myke wrote:
STINGN wrote:

How big is your lift?

3-4 inches...like 23" center hub to flare in the back and 22.5" on front

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm 
LOST Member

Finally fixed my shift linkage to my transfer case. When shifting back and forth I noticed that my 4hi and 4lo dash light doesn't come on. Any thoughts... bulb, fuse, sensor?

Air Flow snorkel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

scout wrote:
Finally fixed my shift linkage to my transfer case. When shifting back and forth I noticed that my 4hi and 4lo dash light doesn't come on. Any thoughts... bulb, fuse, sensor?

I had a part time light stuck on for mine, there was a t-case shift possision sensor out on mine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:25 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

snorkel installed...I'll post pictures soon I guess :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:36 am 
LOST Member

Dirus wrote:
scout wrote:

I had a part time light stuck on for mine, there was a t-case shift possision sensor out on mine

Ok good to know. Mine would go on and off while driving a couple of months back so I will definitely look into this. Was it a straight fix or did you have to take it in? Oh and as far as the hood vents, I am hoping that it helps because on long trips my engine temp starts to creep over half. I'm pretty sure it's due to the placement of my winch. Others on this site have vents so maybe they could chime in.

Air Flow snorkel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

scout wrote:

Ok good to know. Mine would go on and off while driving a couple of months back so I will definitely look into this. Was it a straight fix or did you have to take it in? Oh and as far as the hood vents, I am hoping that it helps because on long trips my engine temp starts to creep over half. I'm pretty sure it's due to the placement of my winch. Others on this site have vents so maybe they could chime in.

I know somewhere on this forum there is a post about changing that sensor, but here is this link so you can have an idea of what's going on under there and how it can be changed:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-ch ... cle-51959/

I used an oversized socket and did it from the inside of the jeep, can't remember the size but it was very tricky to get it in and out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:25 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

installed wheel wells on the jeep today...it's been about 4+ years without them...or more...quieter ride and noticeably more dry when i open my doors by the door jamb :jester:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

2007 Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:21 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

John3:17 wrote:

Sure don't think that will fit on my 8.25, you must have a rare model of KJ...................................................... :juggle: :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:30 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Ordered a handheld Garmin gps for backpacking/hiking and got a RAM Mount for the Jeep with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639  Next