It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 607, 608, 609, 610, 611
 Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:02 pm 
LOST Member

Got a phone call on Monday. The conversation went something like this:

"Hey, are you still looking for a set of TJ Moabs? We just found a set here at the shop that we forgot we had."

"Yep, but I can't afford them right now."

"Is 'free' outside of your budget?"

Needless to say, I was over there like a shot and picked them up. Got them mounted up today:

Long story short, the shop was converting a work bay that had been used for storage space back to being a work bay, ran across these, and were going to send them for scrap unless they were picked up. Got lucky :SOMBRERO:

The proportions are a little odd right now due to the 225/75R16s still being on there. 245/75R16s should look a little better, but I'll live until these ones need replacement.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:31 pm 
LOST Addict

casm wrote:
"Hey, are you still looking for a set of TJ Moabs? We just found a set here at the shop that we forgot we had."
Needless to say, I was over there like a shot and picked them up. Got them mounted up today:
Long story short, the shop was converting a work bay that had been used for storage space back to being a work bay, ran across these, and were going to send them for scrap unless they were picked up. Got lucky :SOMBRERO:
The proportions are a little odd right now due to the 225/75R16s still being on there. 245/75R16s should look a little better, but I'll live until these ones need replacement.

You lucky rascal!!!! :BINGO:
You need to go buy some lottery tickets.....

Ironman Springs/Bilstein's
Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
Weeks ElbowKit/BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6Airbox
GM11 bld fan/NAPA HDclutch
IronrockArm/Cust.Mount
DodgeCummins,5"exh. Viair, Huge K&N

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:45 pm 
LOST Addict

casm wrote:

That’s so awesome!! Congrats on the new wheels. They will look even better with the 31’s.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:17 pm 
LOST Member

In-tank fuel pump (Carter P76148M) and Sasquatch wiring harness for the same were installed today. Took about 4 hours total, which I'm rating as pretty good for working alone in the driveway.

Seeing a minor improvement with some running issues that have been ongoing, but it's not the total fix. That said, it was going to need to be done at some point, so at least one potential problem area is likely eliminated.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:17 pm 
LOST Member

Replaced the airbox-to-turbo hose with Sasquatch Parts' silicone hose; also replaced a damaged turbo-to-intercooler Samco with another Samco. The old one had rubbed on the air pressure sensor to the point where a crack had developed, and I decided to do the airbox-to-turbo hose while I was in the general area.

FYI for anyone looking into the Sasquatch hose: it doesn't ship with an elbow to accommodate the CCV hose. This might not be a big deal if you can reuse the one from your old hose, but mine had a crack in it. This isn't surprising given that the elbow is right next to the heat shield for the turbo. Dorman 47043 fits perfectly and works great with the existing hose clamps. It's available at Autozone, etc.

Performance is... Perkier.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

Last edited by casm on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Installed a pair of "Run Cool" hood louvers that I have been wanting to add to the Jeep for quite some time.
See Tech Article Link:> viewtopic.php?p=939151#p939151

Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6Airbox
IronrockArm/Cust.Mount

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:08 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
Installed a pair of "Run Cool" hood louvers that I have been wanting to add to the Jeep for quite some time.

Those look really nice. Did you do any kind of rain shield under them?

I ran a set of Chrysler LeBaron Turbo hood vents on one of my XJs. They were extremely effective, and those remind me of them greatly.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:45 am 
LOST Addict

casm wrote:
I ran a set of Chrysler LeBaron Turbo hood vents on one of my XJs. They were extremely effective, and those remind me of them greatly.

No rain shields. Run Cool says in their instructions that rain shields are not really needed due to the design of the louvers.

There is nothing on top of this engine that should not be able to handle a little moisture.
If I find it to be a problem, I can always put that stupid plastic cover back on top of the engine to act as a rain shield. But I doubt very seriously that I will any problems.
I have pressure washed this engine more than once to clean it and it caused no issues.

Right now I do not plan to put the thick under hood insulation blanket back on the hood.
The reason I added these louvers; one day this summer when temps were right at 100 degrees F, I laid my hand on top of the hood after driving the Jeep and it almost burnt my hand it was so hot. And this is on a "white" vehicle.
The louvers certainly should help when it comes to getting more air flow out of the engine compartment.

Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6Airbox
IronrockArm/Cust.Mount

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:10 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

casm wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:

On a gasser you more than likely will, buddy installed a set just like those and had to cover his motor everytime it rained due to water getting down into the coils . Yes he changed coils etc but to no avail
I ran GTP hood louvers for years on my 04 and installed 3 sets on other KJs with no issues at all. But placed them over where the water would not be coming directly in over the coil packs
Of course CRDs have no issues with that

casm wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:

On a gasser you more than likely will, buddy installed a set just like those and had to cover his motor everytime it rained due to water getting down into the coils . Yes he changed coils etc but to no avail
I ran GTP hood louvers for years on my 04 and installed 3 sets on other KJs with no issues at all. But placed them over where the water would not be coming directly in over the coil packs

casm wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

a Bought my second KJ today. Insurance company thinks I am nuts. I work at dealership. My first KJ was moms that sold to sister that bought a cherokee and they only offered 1500 for trade in- I offered 2500 and got first gold 2003 KJ. (I am parts mgr for dodge jeep) I fixed all that was wrong with it and spruced up (a little) Today I bought a 2006 KJ limited with sunroof 4wd and this thing is a mess but stole it at 3k (book over 6) Mary Kay woman who decided that pink axles- wipers- grille etc was way to go. It is LOADED (sunroof heated seats etc). it has a few cracks in leather seats but so far- (I bought fitted covers for 2003 from Coverking that fit like a glove)That is all besides visor clips ,a few scratches and unknown maintenance (first thing I do is front and rear axle service). I hope I can figure out how to MOD a front bumper (very tech savvy) and here on the coast- hope to rip up some sand at the beach and camp (and later mud bog or rock crawl like a champ)! If anyone has anything like a bad arse front off road bumper that is not 1k or more- let me know. I will not be lifting for a while or modifying too much too quick as I have 4 other cars but- love my babies and weekend projects! :juggle:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:29 pm 
LOST Addict

moparchick wrote:
a Bought my second KJ today. Insurance company thinks I am nuts. I work at dealership. My first KJ was moms that sold to sister that bought a cherokee and they only offered 1500 for trade in- I offered 2500 and got first gold 2003 KJ. (I am parts mgr for dodge jeep) I fixed all that was wrong with it and spruced up (a little) Today I bought a 2006 KJ limited with sunroof 4wd and this thing is a mess but stole it at 3k (book over 6) Mary Kay woman who decided that pink axles- wipers- grille etc was way to go. It is LOADED (sunroof heated seats etc). it has a few cracks in leather seats but so far- (I bought fitted covers for 2003 from Coverking that fit like a glove)That is all besides visor clips ,a few scratches and unknown maintenance (first thing I do is front and rear axle service). I hope I can figure out how to MOD a front bumper (very tech savvy) and here on the coast- hope to rip up some sand at the beach and camp (and later mud bog or rock crawl like a champ)! If anyone has anything like a bad arse front off road bumper that is not 1k or more- let me know. I will not be lifting for a while or modifying too much too quick as I have 4 other cars but- love my babies and weekend projects! :juggle:

Welcome to the forum!
Is is a diesel or a gasser? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

You may want to introduce yourself and your vehicle to the forum at this location for new members:> viewforum.php?f=43

Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6Airbox
IronrockArm/Cust.Mount

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:41 am 
LOST Member

moparchick wrote:

Another welcome!
This time all the way from Australia.
Good luck with your jeeps!
In Australia many jeep dealers have such a bad reputation that employees would never say they worked at a jeep dealer publicly.
You sound committed to your product. That is very refreshing!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:07 am 
LOST Addict

Installing HELLA 7 inch 6000K 4000Lm LED Driving Lights I got for Christmas to replace 100 watt KC halogen Lights.

Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6Airbox
IronrockArm/Cust.Mount

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 pm 
LOST Member

The 225/75R16 Goodyear TrailRunner ATs that had been on the KJ for 45,000 miles still had legal tread, but had gradually developed a scary lack of grip on pavement in either the wet or dry. After a 25mph spinout on fresh snow (no ice under it; went back and checked), they were finally replaced today with a set of 245/75R16 BFG TA KO2s.

A couple of quick photos:

There is some minor rubbing on the front of the fender liners between about 80% to 85% steering lock, but only in that approximate range of the steering lock. I do have a set of levelling spacers sitting here waiting to go in; I suspect they'll solve the problem along with extended bumpstops. May do those this weekend if the weather holds.

This shows how close the rear glass comes to hitting the spare, and I'm fairly certain that if the KJ was still on stock wheels the glass would be contacting the tyre. The TJ Moabs were definitely worth snagging when they cropped up.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Your new tires look great, Casm. If the leveling spacers don’t quite get you where you need to be, a clevis lift could probably take you the rest of the way. You might need to add a couple of spring isolators in the rear so the front isn’t higher.

I just got a set of the same tires, same size for my KK. I have a 4” JBA lift kit so nothing rubs. The tires have been great so far (about 1000 miles so far). Silent on road, awesome grip in the rain. I haven’t had a chance to be off road with them yet, but looking forward to it when I do.

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:05 pm 
LOST Member

lfhoward wrote:
Your new tires look great, Casm.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform. This is my first set of KO2s, but I've run the original TA KOs on past Jeeps and loved them.

Quote:
If the leveling spacers don’t quite get you where you need to be, a clevis lift could probably take you the rest of the way. You might need to add a couple of spring isolators in the rear so the front isn’t higher.

Funny you should mention that; I'd had similar thoughts. If the spacers (RRO, should be good for 9/16") don't work out, I'll look at the Clevis option. Either way, I'd planned on doing at least one additional isolator in the rear - the overall goal is to have the Jeep sit level with a 5000lb. trailer attached, which is what it does now. If the front goes taller, the rear will need to as well.

Quote:
I just got a set of the same tires, same size for my KK. I have a 4” JBA lift kit so nothing rubs. The tires have been great so far (about 1000 miles so far). Silent on road, awesome grip in the rain. I haven’t had a chance to be off road with them yet, but looking forward to it when I do.

Nice :) I was basically OK with the Goodyears up to about 30,000 miles (even though they weren't quite as aggressive a tread pattern as I would've liked), but they really dropped off a cliff after about that point. Previous experience with TA KOs has shown that 50,000 with pretty steady performance is doable if you pay attention to pressures, alignment, and rotations, so I'm really interested to see how the KO2s do.

JBA Lifted A-Arms
Skid Row Skidplates
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

Post subject: Geek Squad Chat
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Geek Squad Chat is a well-known tech service provider company in the world. Our experts offer support for all types of technical problems faced in computers, laptops and smartphones. They even provide solutions for home appliances, TV, smart wearable and home theatre. We help our customers in setup, installation, repair, uninstallation, replacement, damage and other issues. Our dedicated support team is always available at your service and assures you for the quick resolutions. Book geek squad chat today and get your device fixed without wasting much time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 607, 608, 609, 610, 611