It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I thought this was a city Jeep.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

That's what I heard today going to lunch. The city is doing some drainage work in front of my office and we had to "detour" to get around it. Instead of following their signs, I chose to go behind out building through our yard (pipe yard). We've gotten ~6" of rain this weekend so it is very sloppy, mucking nasty stuff with huge pools of standing water. We had stuff flying over the top of the Liberty in no time, even more so when we turned around and did it again!

L.O.S.T.#000305
'03 Limited 4x4 Bright Silver Metalic
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/496132
Lots of factory options, a couple of aftermarket things,
a big ol'car seat in the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeah... it's a city JEEP! Emphasis on the JEEP. It's no lifted TJ, but it's way closer to that than it is to a CRV or RAV4.

Luis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

I know what you mean, personally I had lots of fun during the downpours out here in California recently. Soooo much fun! Thankfully my neighbor had a power washer...

Post subject: be carefull
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all,
IU am not sure if you read my post inder General Discussions titled "Get This" I have an 04 Libery that I was having problems with the speedometer not working. I had it in about 6 times for same problem. Now they tell me the problem is caused by water in the rear axle hub. The hub should be sealed!!!! Now they will not warranty it under original or extended.

I will never buy another Jeep or even a Chrylser product again.

Kevin

Post subject: Re: be carefull
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kjfswkr wrote:
Hi all,
IU am not sure if you read my post inder General Discussions titled "Get This" I have an 04 Libery that I was having problems with the speedometer not working. I had it in about 6 times for same problem. Now they tell me the problem is caused by water in the rear axle hub. The hub should be sealed!!!! Now they will not warranty it under original or extended.

Kevin

You should try a different dealer, or talk to the Regional Chrysler rep. Many of us (myself included) have had our KJs headlight deep in water multiple times and never had a problem.

L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:18 pm 
LOST Member

in the hub or in the pumpkin?

most axles require a vent of some sort. usually it can be seen as a small cap located on the top of the pumpkin. sometimes a 1 way valve is used or a tube is extended high enough that water entry is unlikely. if you are having problems, try attaching a hose and running it high enough that water wont be able to get in

most owners manuals (can say for the liberty for sure since i havent looked) tell you to service the front and rear ends (drain gear oil/replace) after doing any deep water crossings.

Post subject: Re: be carefull
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:44 pm 
LOST Addict

kjfswkr wrote:
Hi all,

Kevin

I don't know what your deal is ... or what you're trying to get here.

It's like this, if you don't like the dealer, find another dealer.

Easy enough?

Post subject: Hey Dirty one
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Get a grip!! Do you think another dealer other than the one I bought it from is going to do a better job??????

I am trying to get Jeep to warranty the problem, thats all. If I wanted sarcasm I would have asked my mother inlaw.

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Plus it's an 04, that usually means, covered under warranty.
And I'll only be buying Jeeps until the day I die.

Post subject: NOT COVERED
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

They won't cover it under original warranty or extended warranty. They say I should not have water in it and it is my fault. To me, you could be driving home in a rain storm and get water init which happened to me. I have never crossed a stream with it.

Just trying to get some help and warn my fellow Jeepers.

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Everyone...leave my thread alone!
All I said was that we had fun and got the Liberty dirty today, at work!

Moderators: delete this thread and let's act like it never happened.

Thanks..

L.O.S.T.#000305

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:55 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

A different dealer could very well do a better job. It's like any other store, some are better than others. And if you still don't get any help, go above them to the regional rep like FreedomKJ suggested. Just because the dealer you went to says something shouldn't happen, doesn't mean it won't. If that were the case, why would they have a warranty to begin with.

It's up to you how far you're willing to go, but it's sad if you decide not to buy another Chrysler product because of a bad experience with one dealer.

Post subject: Re: Hey Dirty one
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:01 pm 
LOST Addict

kjfswkr wrote:
Get a grip!! Do you think another dealer other than the one I bought it from is going to do a better job??????

I am trying to get Jeep to warranty the problem, thats all. If I wanted sarcasm I would have asked my mother inlaw.

Kevin

If what you posit were true (that no other dealer besides the one you bought from could do as good a job), then lots of people who bought from one dealer, and move to another city/state, would be in deep trouble.

There is always somebody "above" whom you're trying to deal with. If one dealer can't/won't fix the problem, go regional. If regional can't/won't deal with the problem, go corporate. If corporate won't/can't deal with the problem, time to get out the lawyers (if you have legitimate complaint).

Post subject: hey all
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the advice, etc. I asked my dealer today to get me in touch with the Zone or District manager who has not contacted me as of yet.

I believe I have a legitimate complaint. Worst case scenario is I pay for the repair and then take them to court.

Happy roads,

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:26 pm 

Good to hear. You DO have a legitimate complaint. I hope it doesn't come down to going to court though.

Post subject: Re: I thought this was a city Jeep.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:10 pm 
OKJeep wrote:
That's what I heard today going to lunch. The city is doing some drainage work in front of my office and we had to "detour" to get around it. Instead of following their signs, I chose to go behind out building through our yard (pipe yard). We've gotten ~6" of rain this weekend so it is very sloppy, mucking nasty stuff with huge pools of standing water. We had stuff flying over the top of the Liberty in no time, even more so when we turned around and did it again!
I get excited everytime I find a excuse to go off-road! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:36 pm 
I live here
I live here

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OKJeep,

How many people said that about the Liberty? Did you have coworkers in your KJ?

See.....we can get back to the topic....now, everyone else, go make your own thread!!!!

This is OKJeep's topic.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I never get tired of hearing " You did what? In that? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:45 am 
LOST Newbie

Ahhh, I've been saved. Thanks.
I had 3 co-workers and, one made the comment, the other 2 were silent, maybe in shock. They were OK the second time and even laughed the 3rd time on the way back.

Then I got home...my wife accused me of lying to her. I had to work late, no, I really did. She went out in the garage late in the evening then came in and said..."Oh, I see, you didn't work late, you went 4wheeling" I still don't think she believed the detour story. After the rain stopped and things started drying out, the KJ was covered in a heavy, dirty layer of muck.

I think I might just have to go "inspect" a job in the yard here shortly.

L.O.S.T.#000305

Post subject: he he he
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:09 pm 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

I put some "wtf" looks on some guys' faces Sunday. I saw a bunch of guys go off-road down a mudied rut of a trail beside a river in a couple of trucks, a TJ and an XJ. None were really radical, so I turned around, went back, and followed them in. They were all like " you made it in in THAT?" Always a fun thing... Now, I also got accused of going wheelin' when I got home, but did not think of the detour excuse in time... :oops:

A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep