It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:46 pm 
LOST Member

Yeah I got that "ohh a Liberty, those arent real" look from a guy in a F-150 (of all things) Thursday when i got to the beach.

I got to Topsail Island for a little bit of beach drivin (first time in the KJ, or any Jeep for that matter) and I was very impressed with it. 4 hour non stop drive runnin 80 till I hit the island and just stopped when i got to the end at the beach, popped it in 4 hi and off I went. Drove around in the deep deep deep soft sand first (low range just to be safe) then saw this guy in a Ford havin some fun, went over to see what he was doin, saw this decent sized, and rather deep puddle he was goin through and decided i'd have some fun. Kindly asked if he would mind If i gave it a whirl and he said "by all means". Looked behind me and he had this "can't wait to see it get stuck" look on his face. Went flyin through and the result was this:

When i pulled back up he had that "holy crap" look on his face. That sand was much softer than it looked, specially when its wet...lol.

-LOST #005816
-2003 KJ Sport
-3.7L V6
-235/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO'S
-Factory Fogs
-Sunroof
-Custom Mounted Mag Lite
-Jeep Stainless Steel Coffee Mug
-Autozone Rubber Floor Mats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Very awesome.
I look for a reason to get the old girl dirty, too. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Fantastic picture!
I think Jeep spent a lot of R&D trying to make the water curl around right onto the windshield.
Any water over a couple of inches seems to land squarely on the windshield when hit with any speed.

L.O.S.T.#000305
'03 Limited 4x4 Bright Silver Metalic
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/496132
Lots of factory options, a couple of aftermarket things,
a big ol'car seat in the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:49 pm 
LOST Member

Do like i did...Go stand on the sales floor and start complaining very LOUDLY it wasnt long before the sales manager was telling the service manager to fix it...... Radio was having problems..and the emblems were starting to turn black. Only had 30,000 on it but the service date was out by two weeks....If that dont work go to another dealer or talk to the head guys at that dealer remebemer you can always talk to someones boss.

L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:57 pm 
LOST Member

OKJeep wrote:
Fantastic picture!
I think Jeep spent a lot of R&D trying to make the water curl around right onto the windshield.
Any water over a couple of inches seems to land squarely on the windshield when hit with any speed.

That is for the soccer moms........Think it will ever quit raining? i want it to dry out a little my bro-in-law is in town with his XJ......i hear the mud calling me. By the way the rain is my fault i finally got around to washing the mud off of mine from the last trip....

L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

2003 KJ..... be SURE that you clean the HECK out of the underside (and everywhere else) after running in SALTY stuff like that had to be. If you DON'T.... you will be the proud owner of a very large pile of rust in a couple of years.

Personally, I won't run mine in saltwater... EVER. I drive VERY slowly when running down a beach so I'm not getting salty sand anywhere I don't HAVE to.

Luis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:04 pm 
Cool Pic, 2003KJ.

I hope you had a big smile on your face when you saw that F150 driver again after the watering hole!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:48 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I've said it on the other thread and I've told Kevin off-line that I'm currently working for one of the biggest dealerships in the state (AZ) and that I could put him in touch w/ someone who wouldn't bull$hit him. I haven't been taken up on that offer yet......