It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Has anyone got a dealer to install a lift?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'll be getting some cash flow in a few weeks ($1,500) and I want to install a lift. I read here about a year ago where somone had the OME lift installed by a dealer. I want the frankenlift but I would go with other lifts if the dealer would install it. I really don't want to void my warranty since this is my DD. (But I probably will anyway)

I think I may have a chance with my dealer since they have a realy nice service dept, but want to know if anyone else has done this? BTW I bought my libby at Spring Chrysler Jeep Dodge here in Texas right across from Splash Town on I45. They have been pretty good to me so far. If you are looking for a new libby (or anything else for that mater) ask for Brett Campbell.

Camp jeep "one the road" will be held right across the street my my dealer this weekend also so i'll be going to that. :)

Thanks for any replys.

28D package (full skids)
Trailer tow group
Auto tranny
Trac-Loc
Jeep seat covers
K&N air filter
Moog K3199 LBJs
Frankenlift
Al's upper A arms
Goodyear wrangler silent armor
255/70-16

Post subject: Re: dealer installed lift
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Back when I was looking at lifts, I asked my dealer what they would charge. (They have a big banner up in the service bay that says"Lift your Jeep Here.)
To say they were expensive was an understatement, obscene might be a better word.
Get it done at an aftermarket 4 wheel drive place or do it yourself depending on which kit you decide on.
Remember, they can only void the part of the warranty that is DIRECTLY affected by the lift, not the entire warranty.

Mike

Renegade Lightbar, Jeep rack w/Hi-Lift, shovel and axe, Franken/jacker coil lift, LT245/75R16E BFG M/T TA's, All J & RRO skids and bars, all factory skids, FlowMaster 50, front DrawTite hitch w/Mile Marker winch, on-board air, JBA 4.5's, etc, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:22 pm 

My dealer also sells and installs lifts. You'd do yourself a favor to find a good 4X4 shop in your area though. It will be cheaper and, frankly, a better install.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:58 am 
LOST Addict

Quote:
My dealer also sells and installs lifts. You'd do yourself a favor to find a good 4X4 shop in your area though. It will be cheaper and, frankly, a better install.

I had my Rusty's lift installed at a dealer. They also have an offroad shop where they'll lift and lock anything they sell. They are also a dealer for Rusty. I checked a couple local 4x4 shops and they all wanted to charge more to do the install than the dealer did. The quotes I got pretty much told me that they really didn't even want to work on my Jeep. And when all the parts didn't come in on the first order, they called Rusty and had the rest of the parts overnighted without charging me extra. I am actually more comfortable taking my Jeep to them for service now than the dealer I bought it at.

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

chefdab wrote:
Quote:

I had my Rusty's lift installed at a dealer. They also have an offroad shop where they'll lift and lock anything they sell. They are also a dealer for Rusty. I checked a couple local 4x4 shops and they all wanted to charge more to do the install than the dealer did. The quotes I got pretty much told me that they really didn't even want to work on my Jeep. And when all the parts didn't come in on the first order, they called Rusty and had the rest of the parts overnighted without charging me extra. I am actually more comfortable taking my Jeep to them for service now than the dealer I bought it at.

Dave are you talking about Adams? I wish I lived closer to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the info. Sounds like again, it just depends on the dealer.

They did have some lifted wranglers on the lot so I have some hope. I'll let you guys know.

28D package (full skids)
Trailer tow group
Auto tranny
Trac-Loc
Jeep seat covers
K&N air filter
Moog K3199 LBJs
Frankenlift
Al's upper A arms
Goodyear wrangler silent armor
255/70-16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

PitViper,

Quote:
Camp jeep "one the road" will be held right across the street my my dealer this weekend also so i'll be going to that.

I only caught part of the TV commercial about this. Can you give me some more information. I would like to attend.

Christopher

28D, Tow Pkg, Fully Skidded, Yummy Leather, Mopar Bug Shield, WeatherFlectors, 5x 255/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler Revo, Husky lined, and a brand new eTool. 2005 EVIC Install Write-Up Coming Soon! Currently (6/07) @ 16,400 miles! (3/07-14,100 miles)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2175805

Post subject: dealer install
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My skyjacker lift was installed by the dealer. They did a great job and have stood behind their install. I blew a rear shock and they got the replacement from skyjacker and installed for nothing. (even gave me a POS PT Cruiser for a loaner) But the main reason they did the lift is because I financed the lift and MTR tires into the deal for my 04. At the time I didn't know about this board or what people could do with a Liberty.
You will probably save money staying away from the dealer though. I have no regrets because my dealer has been awesome w/their service and support.

245 Firestone Destinations

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (stock)

2014 Yamaha FZ-09
1999 Yamaha VMax
LOSTKJs #124