It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: help No cluster Lights
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

has this happened to anyone?? I was driving and my cluster lights just went out??? I checked all fuses and there are none that are burnt out.. Could it be the switch that turns the lights on?? anyone have an Idea?? all the other lights are working fine including the interior lights..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:48 pm 
LOST Member

Lets start out with what year is your Liberty ??

Post subject: It is a 2003
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

It is a 2003 liberty sport 4X4 3.7 LTR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:33 pm 
LOST Member

Could be the switch, sometimes my headlights will stay on after I've killed the motor and then rotate the light switch back to "off." Isn't consistent, but occaisional enough to be a nuisance. That's what I'd check first. Next option might be to open up the panel, but then you really get into some sensitive stuff...

grant

07 Ram 1500 RST 5.7L LOST #584737
Regency Custom Pkg - Black leather with red baseball stitching, 22" Foose "Speedster" wheels & Pirelli Scorpions, Brushed Aluminum gauges, roll pan, dual exhaust, lowered sport-tuned suspension, 4W Baers, BedRug, power everything
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/ltwgs

Post subject: Re: help No cluster Lights
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:43 pm 
LOST Addict

flynn300 wrote:
has this happened to anyone?? I was driving and my cluster lights just went out??? I checked all fuses and there are none that are burnt out.. Could it be the switch that turns the lights on?? anyone have an Idea?? all the other lights are working fine including the interior lights..

In addition to the switch that turns the headlight on, there's also a rotary ring that controls the brightness of the cluster lights. Maybe (I haven't checked this myself) you turned it all the way down to "off"?

Post subject: fuse
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

If the items above did not fix it check your fuses. DC in the past put the tail light and dash lights on the same circuit. The owners manual will have have a map of the fuse box with whats on each fuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:53 pm 
LOST Addict

ltwgs wrote:
Could be the switch, sometimes my headlights will stay on after I've killed the motor and then rotate the light switch back to "off."

That's a feature. No, not a joke ... it really is a feature. 8)

If your headlights are still on as of the time you kill the engine, they will stay on for about one or two minutes, probably to provide enough illumination for safety reasons. If this happens and you want to turn the lights off immediately, just turn the lights on again, and off again, and they will turn off and stay off immediately.

ltwgs wrote:
Isn't consistent, but occaisional enough to be a nuisance. That's what I'd check first. Next option might be to open up the panel, but then you really get into some sensitive stuff...

grant

If you wanted the lights to stay off without doing the on-again-off-again thing with the light switch, just remember to turn the headlights off first before you kill the engine :D