It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heavy Duty Cooling??
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Aight, I know this has been on here 100 million times but ill talk about it again. I had never seen a libby with the towing pack or HD cooling and looked under the hood. So i was driving by the local chevy dealer and they had a libby renny on the lot and i saw tow hooks. So i knew it had the off road pack and that comes with the HD cooling. So i stopped and got out(i use to work here) and got the keys to the jeep and popped the hood, but it didnt have the mech fan. It had the ps cooler, tranny cooler, but no mech. fan or larger shroud?? So it looks like the HD cooling only comes with the tranny cooler and power steering cooler. I thought that was stupid.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:55 pm 
LOST Member

The HD cooling/Tow package should have some with the Mech Fan and the Elec fan. I have the package and have both fans and coolers.

I think all 04 got the tranny cooler whether or not it had the HD cooling/Tow Package.

Did it have a rear factory hitch?

LOST #070673

http://www.delawareja.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have an 2005 Renegade with Off-Road Package, and it includes (on mine anyway) tow hooks, ALL 4 skid plates, Rock-Rails, Tranny cooler, Power Steering cooler, Both Mechanical and Electrical Fans and Shroud.

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

I ordered my 04 with a tow package, mainly because I wanted the HD cooling and got the clutch fan, Elec-fan and the expanded coolers. I feel it was worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Aight, it didnt have the stock hitch, it had some crappy looking hitch and it was all rusted. It had the tow hooks and tranny cooler. i purty sure it was a 03 b/c it didnt have the pad on the back window. I didnt get under it to see if it had skids, but it had tow hooks, tranny cooler and power steering cooler with no mech fan and a small shroud. (i think the 03's got the tranny cooler with hd cooling and the 04's got the power steering cooler). So unless the pre owner put the tranny cooler and tow hooks on, idk whats going on.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:05 pm 
LOST Addict

For 03, the only thing that is changed for HD cooling on the trailer pkg is the mech fan and shroud. The tranny cooler and ps cooler is stock. The tranny cooler being external on some and internal on others was a rolling change. My 03 has externals, but the manual says it's internal.

Trailer pkg gets mech fan and wiring and hitch. Only difference. At least for my year.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:00 pm 
LOST Member

The KJ probably had the offroad package which included the tow hooks and skids. The coolers I believe became standard at some point. THe previous owner probably added the hitch and the KJ did not have the towing package which means no mechanical fan or shroud or the stock wiring harness.

LOST #070673

http://www.delawareja.com