It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I need a stock engine skid
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Anyone got a stock engine skid to sell me? I found one on ebay for $45 + shipping. I think I can do better used but can't find one just yet. These are on every KJ as I recall. It's pretty beefy, but I did bend it in the front (no biggie) and under the differential. When I bent it back with my 3lb BFH, I made it so the bolt holes don't rest properly on the sub frame. This makes it hard to bolt on those two bolts AND the tranny skid all at the same time ON MY A$s!

Anyway, I'm getting a new tranny skid from Skid Row for about $100 (part of a replacement program they're doing which is very cool), and thought I'd replace both at the same time.

Anyone see any KJ's around the local junk yard? I figure stock KJ's skid probably has had little abuse!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You can get a brand new one strait from the dealer for 45 dollars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:12 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Eddo wrote:
You can get a brand new one strait from the dealer for 45 dollars.

Right--and they generally won't charge shipping. That could be a big deal on something like a skid plate.

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:17 am 
LOST Addict

I'm not sure if it is on their website, but Skidrow now makes a replacement for the front engine skid. Jeepin Al is now a dealer for them and showed us the one he is going to use for his Jeep at the Adam's Jeep show last month. It was definitely heavier than the factory one. Maybe contact him for pricing info.

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject: Engine skid
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Adam,

The Skid Row does have the front skid for our KJ's. It's a really heavy duty unit and really well made. The best I can do for you on the price is $186.20. I am waiting for a guy to get back to me on my original front skid. He was going to buy all my left over OEM skids this week. If I don't hear from him soon, I had it listed for $25 (I think) in the "for sale" posts. Someone wants the rear one. So I think I will be posting them again.

Al

Post subject: Re: Engine skid
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeepin Al wrote:
Adam,

The Skid Row does have the front skid for our KJ's. It's a really heavy duty unit and really well made. The best I can do for you on the price is $186.20. I am waiting for a guy to get back to me on my original front skid. He was going to buy all my left over OEM skids this week. If I don't hear from him soon, I had it listed for $25 (I think) in the "for sale" posts. Someone wants the rear one. So I think I will be posting them again.

Al

Any picture of the front skid?

Post subject: Engine Skid
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pictures of the skids are available at my car domain web site:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705686/6

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:14 pm 
LOST Member

Hey Al, does the Skid Row tranny skid fit an '05? If so, how much can I get one for?

Also, I like the look of that Front skid,, do they all have the "S" cut out or is that custom? I"ll have to get one of those after my MOPAR one gives out.

CB w/ 4' Firestick mounted on Tire Carrier,
Full MOPAR Skids, RRO Diff guard, 'AllJ Boulder Bars, Rhino-lining applied to sides.
On-board Air (Superflow MV-50)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Any pics of the underside of that front skid? Is it just flat on underside or reinforced?

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject: Skid Row Skids
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Guys,

I was told that the skids will fit the 05, I think you need to drill an extra hole in the front skid along the rear cross member. They even will fit the diesel. The front skid is a .25 inch thick plate with reinforcement around the perimeter, I didn't think of taking pictures before I bolted them up. I will be at the PA Jeep Show, come on over and take a look! The tranny skid was redesigned with reinforcement angles and it bolts to both sides of the Jeep.

I will be trying out the rock pile again this year at the PA Jeep show, last year I got hung up on one of my rock rails. I am sure the skids will get a good work out, so I will post and let you all know how they perform. All I can remember about last year's rock pile is I made through the first pile, and on the second I slid off one large rock put a large gash in my Moab wheel and put a large dent in the floor board between the rock rail and the unibody "chasis". It was a lot of fun, I was the only Liberty "on the rocks" and crowd was either cheering me on or laughing, I want to believe they were cheering me on!!

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:42 pm 
LOST Addict

Al,
If that front stock skid is not bent (but just scratched), I'll take it for $25. Please let me know.

I'm getting a new Skid Row tranny skid under their replacement program (50% off with trade in of old design). So I'd like to replace both skids at the same time. (I hate working on my back!)

Please let me know.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales