It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LBJ Recall Problem
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:46 am 
LOST Newbie

So I took the Liberty into the local Chrysler dealership to get my lower ball joints replaced under the recall and the problem is that they dont have any. They said it might be two weeks or could be a month or more before they get them in becaue they are on backorder. I wouldn't mind waiting except for the fact that my passenger side ball joint is shot. The less than helpful person at the dealership said he has never seen a set fail (which I know they do) and when I asked him what I was supposed to do, he said he didn't know what to tell me. I know the moog ball joints are much better but I really don't have the extra money to replace something that is supposed to be replaced under recall anyways. Has anyone else run into this problem with Chrysler?

I can without a doubt say that after my experiences with my Liberty, both the quality of service and the quality of the vehicle itself, I will never buy another Chrysler product again.

Moog LBJs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:04 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So youve got one of the biggest lifts on your Jeep and youre upset the stock lowers wore out??

Yeah, its always the Jeeps fault. :roll:

Buy moogs and be done with it.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I agree with Jeepjeetster.Don't expect great service or free parts when you have modified the suspension and a OEM part has accelerated wear even if they are a recalled part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Actually when I got the lift put on the mechanic told me that the lower ball joint on the passenger side already had a little play in it before the lift even went on, so you really can't blame it on the lift. I would have replaced it then before I even got the recall notice but to be honest I didn't have the money. As far as the great service, the dealership didn't even know that I had modified my liberty... I could have had a completely stock Liberty and been in the same situation with the same crappy answer. I'm sure I will end up forking out the money for the moogs because I don't have a choice but when you have a recall for safety reasons shouldn't you have the parts to fix it?

Moog LBJs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

that recalls been out for quite some time and for pretty much every year of Liberty thus they exhausted their stocking supplies

it's no hidden fact that chrysler screwed up with both the UBJ and the LBJ's, perhaps more so with the LBJ's

both equiptments are manufactured by Moog.. but.. they're manufactured to Chrysler's specifications not Moog's

It was Chrysler trying to save a few pennies per Arm by not having greasable ball joints and it bit them in the patookis

if you're in the salt belt your UBJ's are recalled as well

i wanna say my LBJ's were replaced under recall in 2005 and are still tight as a tick

don't know when you got your libby, but if it was remotely recently, ie past year or two, you can thank the previous owner for bein a dweeb and not taking it in for the recall 4 years ago

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632