It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Air Mattress + Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:47 am 
LOST Member

anyone put an air mattress in the back of their liberty? what size and how did it fit? I am doing a lot of hunting lately and sleeping in the back seems like a better choice than sleeping in the snow..lol

joe

Post subject: Re: Air Mattress + Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ive used a twin a couple times, put enough air into it to handle it easy, put it where i want it then fill it up

it doesn't fit too well without the gate open but thats the nice thing about an air mattress, put them in confined spaces with less air and whatever you fold upward against the gate or whatever keeps air in the sleeping portion

one of them thick pool floaty deals would probably work just as well for me but then again i usually just use an iso-mats or just sleep in the drivers seat

but if you haven't noticed, vehicles don't retain heat in cold weather, you'd be better off in a pup tent and a sleeping bag

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:17 am 
LOST Addict

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
ive used a twin a couple times, put enough air into it to handle it easy, put it where i want it then fill it up

it doesn't fit too well without the gate open but thats the nice thing about an air mattress, put them in confined spaces with less air and whatever you fold upward against the gate or whatever keeps air in the sleeping portion

one of them thick pool floaty deals would probably work just as well for me but then again i usually just use an iso-mats or just sleep in the drivers seat

but if you haven't noticed, vehicles don't retain heat in cold weather, you'd be better off in a pup tent and a sleeping bag

x2

I have had a twin in the KK, but I find it is more comfortable in a tent or even sleeping in the front seat :CAMPING:

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:52 am 
LOST Addict

You know what makes the back more comfortable? Even without an air mattress or pad or whatever?

Jack Daniel and a balled up t-shirt. :5SHOTS:

You'll sleep like a baby. :-)r

I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 pm 
LOST Addict

yeah the girlfriend and I use the air mattress when we go to the drive in to watch movies.
works extremely well and is very comfortable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:54 pm 
LOST Addict

never gave this much thought before. I am planning a day trip to rausch Creek off road park. If I end up going more often I can camp over night there so camping in the Jeep might be an option for me. It has to be warmer in inside sheltered from the wind and of Course I would use a sleeping bag.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

a vehicle due to the windows and sheet metal is a gigantic radiator, they're very poor shelters from cold temps

a halfshelter and a sleepingbag will in most circumstances keep you warmer

a good tent can get downright cozy

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:02 pm 
LOST Member

riptricket wrote:
yeah the girlfriend and I use the air mattress when we go to the drive in to watch movies.
works extremely well and is very comfortable.

what size?

I have a -30 degree bag so I am not to concerned with the temps...:)

joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you sleep in your vehicle when it's cold out and don't leave the windows cracked you should expect to wake up with a pretty damp interior. You exhale a lot of water throughout the night and it's all going to condense on the windows.

L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

This is what Neatus does(requires having a remote starter)

I lay two back packing sleeping pads in the back, or this bad arse heavy blanket I got from Korea. I then set the Jeeps A/C/heater to a temp I like and crack the windows. I snuggle up in my blankets or sleeping bag and keep my remote start with me. When it gets to cold, moist, hot or whatever I just click the remote starter and it runs the KJ for 15 minutes and shuts off. Doing this just a few times through the night keeps it pretty nice. You can leave the widows up if you like as the system will dry things out but doing so makes it stuffier faster.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

I use a double (size) air mattress for when I go camping with just the wife and I. Works great! I just push the front seats all the way forward and inclined as much as they will go and plug the air pump into the cigar lighter and in minutes I have a 2 person comfy bed. Well worth the $20 at walmart for the mattress. :JEEPIN:

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm 
LOST Junkie

Neatus wrote:
This is what Neatus does(requires having a remote starter)

I lay two back packing sleeping pads in the back, or this bad arse heavy blanket I got from Korea. I then set the Jeeps A/C/heater to a temp I like and crack the windows. I snuggle up in my blankets or sleeping bag and keep my remote start with me. When it gets to cold, moist, hot or whatever I just click the remote starter and it runs the KJ for 15 minutes and shuts off. Doing this just a few times through the night keeps it pretty nice. You can leave the widows up if you like as the system will dry things out but doing so makes it stuffier faster.

Off topic and all, but what remote start do you use? and if you installed it yourself how hard was it to do? I have wanted a remote start for such situations and also getting ready in the morning since I got the jeep.

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:32 am 
LOST Newbie

Boostedxt wrote:
anyone put an air mattress in the back of their liberty? has anyone get theirs from those available on Bed Made EZ? what size and how did it fit? I am doing a lot of hunting lately and sleeping in the back seems like a better choice than sleeping in the snow aside from the cold, I am worried about getting back pain..lol

joe

Yes, I have put an air mattress in the back of mine. I have a full size mattress, and it fits perfectly. I love sleeping in the back of my Jeep when I'm out hunting. It's much warmer and more comfortable than sleeping in the snow!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:22 pm 
LOST Member

I have the flat folding front seat in my 09. I used to work 1.5 hours from home on the weekends. Wasnt in a good part of town in Birmingham Alabama. Near gate city if youre familiar. Local motels werent cheap and got robbed a lot. So startef sleeping in the liberty. Folded down the back seats, folded down the front seat, used a flat piece of wood to bridge the gap, put an outdoor lounger pad/cushion on top of it, then used an air mattress with blankets and pillow. Could fit perfectly fine with all doors and gate closed. Put garbage bags over the back windows for privacy. Windows were tinted pretty dark too. Relatively comfortable. Saved a lot of money also. Never got bothered, I was parked under a light in the jobs parking lot that had security.