It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Superlift/Liberator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:02 pm 
LOST Member

Well the Liberator with the Superlift on it was at the 4WD Hardware Jamboree.. Very impressive set up, though I'm really just interested in the lift.. I took a look underneath and they dropped the pumpkin a bit.. the angles on the joints were actually better than on my rustys currently. I took a bunch of close up pics but then I lost my camera (argh). However I talked with the guys from Superlift and they said the lift should be ready by this fall.. FWIW.. Of course they were running 35's on it with the stock front diff.. and knew full well that if they wheeled it like that they'd probalby blow the diff.

They also said that in another year or so when Chrysler is done with it, that it will go to the crusher for insurance reasons.. how sad.

CB w/ 4' Firestick mounted on Tire Carrier,
Full MOPAR Skids, RRO Diff guard, 'AllJ Boulder Bars, Rhino-lining applied to sides.
On-board Air (Superflow MV-50)

Post subject: Superlift/Liberator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I took a real close look at it at Bloomsburg and it was an interesting set up. They must have dropped the lower backets. I didn't crawl under it, so I couldn't tell how they did it. The way they lifted it, they welded two plates to about a 2 to 2.5 inch long piece of pipe and placed over the coil/shock assembly. What I was surprized at that. It also looked like they didn't have an a-arm to spring contact problem and the angle of the lower ball joint did not look to extreme. Actually, if I remember correctly someome told me they used the new Cherokee spindles, which are longer than the Liberty's. I didn't notice. Eye sight not as good I guess.

Too bad they need to crush it, I liked they way it looked. I am currently looking in ordering those headlights. So far it has bee very differcult, even with a friend behind the counter at a MOPAR dealer. Wonder who made the bumber and roof rack!

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:31 pm 
I live here
I live here

What insurance issues? If you strip all names off of it and sell it as is, then there's no issue with insurance.Have a lawyerdraw up a statement of liability and have the buyer sign it.

You can't just crush a thing of beauty! I will have to recon the location of it and snag it from them.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject: crusher
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:45 am 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Almost all proto-type and test-build vehicles get crushed. Just about every build-up vehicle that you see on TV or in your favorite magazine gets sent to the crusher. The new ones, in particular. I've read that several times, and I have never understoof how some get earmarked for customer give-away contests and others get squished. One article said it had to do with whether the parts on it were prototype and therefore the thing is actually a test mule that may have been subjected to extreme testing/fitting procedures. Still, it seems like they are playing it too safe. Auction that baby off and send the proceeds to a charity, if nothing else.

A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wow, I didn't know about the unecessary crushing going on. That is really sad. It is just a consequence for how badly we have let our society ignore personal responsability; we try to shove our own mistakes or bad fortune off to others through litigation.

31x9.5 SS TSLs!
Detroit Truetrac/Powertrax
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062875

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:58 pm 
LOST Member

woohoo! Someone actually turned my camera into 4WDH .. so now I have those pics of the Liberator.. they didnt' come out as well as I'd hoped, but here they are...

Full MOPAR Skids, RRO Diff guard, 'AllJ Boulder Bars, Rhino-lining applied to sides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:06 pm 
LOST Member

That thing looks very awesome.

http://www.thechucklesstart.com/car/
Never put PowerTrax NoSlip with a Manual KJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:10 pm 
LOST Member

Sweet ride. I really like the front bumper and the Moad Beadlocks. I wish we could find out who built that fromt bumper.

LOST #070673

http://www.delawareja.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:15 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Drool :lol:

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject: ref: front bumper and crushing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:36 pm 
LOST Member

We need to greese the fab shop guys palm at MOPAR!

as far as the Crushing goes shouldn't PeTL step in here? (People for The Ethical treatment of Libertys)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:20 am 
LOST Addict

Has anyone heard anything recently about the release date? I think I read not too long ago that it was pushed back yet again till the fall. Wanna bet it gets released at SEMA this year?

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:25 am 
LOST Member

The spindle in the one pic does'nt look like the factory one. New Cherokee spindles you say? You can see how close those Goodyears are to it. It does look like the factory upper and lower control arms though. Do you have any pics of the lower control arm/frame ? How did they do the rear, do you know ?

Does look sweet, more info needed. Someone did say the fall, I read that somewhere too...

245/75-16 Revos
Full Armor
Powertrax NoSlip
Magnaflow Exhaust
Way more on the Horizon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:24 am 
LOST Member

Ok everyone here is what I found out. The bumper is built by AEV, American Expedition Vehicles, I called them to find out if it is going to be put into production and the guy that would be able to tell me is out of the office. Left a message for him to call and invited them to check out the site.

Superlift.....says that they are looking for an early winter release of the their 4 1/2 lift and they are playing with the front diff to keep it from breaking, I asked about the diff, forgot to mention the spindles sorry. He did tell me that they have had no problems as of yet with theirs breaking, but then again he didn't tell me how hard they have abused it either. i told him how eager we are to see the thing hit the market and also invited them to the site.

Hopefully they will check us out and give us direct info. But as i here from them AEV i will post it. by the way AEVs website is http://aev-conversions.com/Vehicle_Brute.html they have so pretty interesting conversion on there site for the wrangler.

L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821

Post subject: AEV
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:55 am 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

AEV is probably the premier conversion shop for late-model jeeps. They made a Gladiator-type TJ (the brute) long before the concept, and were, I believe, the first to do hemi-swaps for actual customers. They also did a bunch of TJ wheelbase stretches, at least before jeep did it for themselves with the Unlimited. AEV has a history of building prototypes for jeep. Very cool company, but a bit pricey. If i had the money, though, I would have a hemi-powered TJ based pick-up.

A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:36 pm 
LOST Member

i got to looking around their website and it seems that they still have the brute and are still doing their mods.

L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:02 pm 
I live here
I live here

Would like specs on that bumper...How much it weighs and if it is composite material or metal. Looks like composite in your pics. Could be the coating on it. I like that bumper a lot.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:22 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Thats a cool bumper but where are the turn signals ?

The offroad lites look good there...but kinda low for such expensive add-on's. I'd be concerned about breaking them.

I do like the "modular" look though and the inernal winch mounting

And I Dig those beadlocked Rubicon wheels (powdercoated no less...nice touch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:11 pm 
LOST Member

I asked about the bumper and they said it's a one-off custom unit.. I think he said it was from MOPARS fab shop but I could be wrong on that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:14 pm 
LOST Member

Well like i said i called both Superlift and AEV and both tell me that AEV built the bumper I will call AEV back tommorrow and see what i can find out. I will ask about the materials, turn signals, and if there is a plan to marker that bumper or one similuar, I know they are currently fabing up a roof rack and they do offer some products for our KJs. But they tend to be for the wrangler. I have invited both superlift and AEV to our site and they said they may check us out. So hopefully both companies will take a look and see there is a bigger market than they thought. or even take custom orders if there is enough desire from us for their product

L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:27 am 
LOST Member

Hey CarNut, sorry I missed a couple posts including yours about the bumper.

As for 'The Brute" they had one of those at the 4WD Hardware Jamboree as well,.. I'm guessing it was either sponsored or purchased by Hi-Lift since they're name was plastered all over it.. Very impressive machine, I should have taken pics of it too, though I admit I didn't know what I was looking at the time.