It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EVIC Save Settings Issues?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:46 pm 
LOST Member

I upgraded the OTIS in my 2002 Jeep Liberty to a new EVIC model number 56042749AF, which is supposed to be the 2002 EVIC with all features except for the tire pressure (which I didn't want to mess with).

The install was very simple, literally plug and play into my OTIS harness that matched correctly, no splicing/cutting necessary!

Everything seems to work perfectly including instant mpg, average mpg, the Homelink, etc...

However, I am having problems with MENU items (programmable functions). All of the options displayed make sense (ie. no horn chirp on lock, rolling door locks, driver vs all doors lock, etc.) but no matter what I set them to, no options seem to take any effect.

For example, take the "no horn chirp on lock" option. I can change the option using the secret remote combinations, but the EVIC has no effect whether I set it to "Yes" or "No". The EVIC does store the state I set, but it has no effect on the vehicle. And this has been the case with all the options I've tried.

Does anyone have any ideas? The programmability was one of the main reasons for the upgrade and I find it hard to believe the EVIC is bad since ALL other functionality seems to work perfectly...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Did you ever figure this out! I was contemplating seeing if a 56042749AF EVIC out of a 2002 WJ would work in my 2006 KJ, mostly to get the instantaneous MPG feature. (My vehicle has no TPMS functionality.)

- Chris

Suncoast TC, Transgo shift kit, Inmotion, ORM, EHM, Magnaflow SS exhaust, Fumoto valve, EVIC added, Hensley TruControl brake controller, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LR-D in spring/summer/fall, FIA winter front and Blizzaks in winter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:53 pm 
LOST Member

I installed an evic from an '01 Grand Cherokee into my '03. My problem is similar to yours, however mine will change the programming in the BCM until you shut it off. (At first the automatic door locks would drive me nuts....if I wanted the doors lock, I will lock them. So when I installed the evic, I changed the setting and the doors no longer locked when I hit 20 mph....until the next time I started the Jeep. I have now become accustomed to it and it no longer bothers me. However if I start the Jeep with any of the doors/glass open other than the driver door, it will not clear off the display once said door/glass is shut....now this drives me nuts!)

If someone can shed some light on your situation, I might be able to correct mine as well.

Jet Stage 2 Chip : '07 Air Intake
Relocated IAT Sensor : '05 HVAC Controls
Front Hitch : EVIC from '01 GC : Custom Rock Rails
Transgo Shift Reprogramming Kit
KC Driving Lights & Aux Backup Lights
.......all GONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 am 
LOST Newbie

Does anyone know if there is a software or firmware upgrade to the BCM. I am thinking that is where the problem is. I need to take mine in for the ball joint recall. Was thinking about telling the tech that I am having problems with doorlocks, hoping he will upgrade BCM. I am thinking he won't be bothered with it if I tell him I installed evic myself. It has to be a software issue. Mine will hold for a day or so. I have not figured out what triggers it to lose settings. No big deal but it annoys me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:29 am 
LOST Newbie

I had the blue wire coming off the EVIC going to F20. I switched it to F6 and all my problems are solved. Let me know if this helps anyone else out. Everything has been working properly for 1 week now.

Mark

Post subject: Re: EVIC Save Settings Issues?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:35 am 
LOST Member

Same problem with mine, none solution found until yet... :x

bye,
samse