It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Since you guys are up with the fuel knowledge could you answer me this. I have 36k on my libby and it has started to have a stutter when cruzing at a steady speed uphill (this is when it is most noticed) with or without O/D. I have changed the plugs and filter. I was thinking maby since gas is an arm & leg I have been useing the cheapest i could find and maby that has had something to do with it. I am going to do a throttle cleaning and i am overdue on my oil change but i has used syn from the first change. So my question is do you think running a better grade of fuel for the next couple of tanks would help?
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:39 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I noticed this last winter that my KJ with only 16k on it started to knock under acceleration. I was driving at 6000 feet and primarily in city traffic. I upgraded to midgrade (which is 87 compared to 85 regular) and the knocking went away so I've been using it ever since. After reading this thread, I'm being to think that changing the octane rating just hid the symptom of a larger issue. Any ideas?

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior