It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anatomy of the KJ BCM/Fuse panel:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:08 am 
LOST Addict

So I picked this up for my MJ CRD project, I need it for a few different things, but since I had it out I decided to take the whole shebang apart! While I was at it I decided to bust out the macro, never really played with it before but I liked the results.

This is the keyless module, it plugs into the side of the BCM, and can be removed pretty easily.

This is the BCM its self, it is held on by 4 screws onto the fuse box/junction block.

This is the gut of the junction block, when you take out all the fuses, relays, etc, remove the plastic cover, this is what you are left with:

Post subject: Re: Anatomy of the KJ BCM/Fuse panel:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:20 am 
LOST Junkie

How much does a BCM cost and where do you buy one?

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CRD one appears to be PN 5179293AD. I have no clue about the cost new but used ones seem to run about $60. I'd PM or email Sir Sam to inquire about swapping in a used one as I suspect he knows a thing or two that I do not know.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:31 am 
LOST Junkie

Nice pictures!

I believe the newer model BCMs have the remote key module built inside it...not a seperate plug-on module.

It would be nice if the circuit diagrams actually gave the circuitry of the BCM to make it easier to repair....the current diagrams show it as a Black Box with no indication of what goes on inside :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 pm 
LOST Addict

Hmm, another difference between the 05/06's. There is no plug in key module on the 05's BCM.

I just swapped one with the exact part # 56010545AN and it runs, so that key module must reside elsewhere. I even took it apart to make sure, and no dice.

FWIW

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete