It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: how to disable the seatbelt sound
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 am 
LOST Addict

Sir Sam wrote:
I'd also like to point out that many many used vehicles do not come with the owners manual. Out of the past 30 or so Jeeps I have bought I have gotten only a single one with the owners manual. I don't know why people take the owners manual out of their vehicle, but I so rarely get used vehicles with them, this is also very annoying when fuse panel diagrams are posted in the owners manual.

If anyone is missing their owners manual, they can be downloaded for free here:
http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/

Now that I have the PDF of the owners manual on my computer in the house, I can leave the hard copy in the Jeep's glove box. Hope this post helps somebody!
Cheers, LFH

BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof Rack

M116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Forgive me if I offended anybodies sensibilities. I just assumed, and maybe incorrectly, that a 2012 KK would still have the owner's manual. If not I stand corrected.

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

'04 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRI Bagger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:08 am 
LOST Newbie

jhblackwell wrote:
Forgive me if I offended anybodies sensibilities. I just assumed, and maybe incorrectly, that a 2012 KK would still have the owner's manual. If not I stand corrected.
No offence taken. I'm in Australia and haven't seen the seatbelt procedure anywhere in the owners manual delivered with our cars.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It's not a car.....HJ

LED Courtesy Lts & Rear floor Lts, Halo Key Light
02 Radio Bezel with ashtray & LED light ☀lllllll☀

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:48 am 
LOST Member

Very cool. Now I want to bring up another issue. It is hot as $%$$ outside, and I want to listen to tunes with my driver side door open when the engine is turned off. OF COURSE the key in the accessory position beeps like crazy with the door open. Any fixes for this? :?:

Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Open the door, use a screwdriver and close the latch in the door. Don't forget to open it (using the door handle, obviously) before closing the door.

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Turn the key forward...the door chime will quit fairly quickly. Don't forget to turn the interior lights off with the switch. (Dead batteries suck)!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

This worked on my 05.

CRD'syeruncle wrote:
Newbie late to this thread, but I will also confirm that in my '05 Limited CRD, the procedure to turn off the seatbelt chime worked as Sir Sam described. To reiterate:

With ignition off buckle up
Turn ignition to on without starting
Wait for seatbelt light to go out
Unbuckle, rebuckle up, x5
Turn ignition off

Upon turning ignition to the off position the vehicle let out a chime, and since then the seatbelt warning chime has been disabled, but the dash light is still present when unbuckled and the vehicle is on. I have not tried the reset, but when I get around to my EGR I will have to disconnect the power. I will let you know if it resets to default. :rockon:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:35 pm 
LOST Member

Anyone know if there is something like this for the lift gate chime? Sometimes when off-roading (well-- meandering down a trail) I'd like to be able to leave the back window open. Couldn't find anything searching "disable lift gate chime," etc.

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:59 pm 
LOST Member

kidjedi wrote:
Anyone know if there is something like this for the lift gate chime? Sometimes when off-roading (well-- meandering down a trail) I'd like to be able to leave the back window open. Couldn't find anything searching "disable lift gate chime," etc.

Especially at slow speeds that sounds like the perfect way to get WWwwaaaaayyy more carbon monoxide in the passenger area than even a tough mountain man could handle!!

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:18 pm 
LOST Member

Arkie wrote:
kidjedi wrote:

Especially at slow speeds that sounds like the perfect way to get WWwwaaaaayyy more carbon monoxide in the passenger area than even a tough mountain man could handle!!

Bob

Probably not an issue when ALL the windows and sunroof are open.

edit: Also, sometimes you've got to drive back from Lowe's with a 10ft. pipe sticking out the lift gate window, and the constant chime is pretty annoying.

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sir Sam wrote:
gtommec wrote:
There is a procedure in the owners manual to turn it off, it took me a little while to find. its something like, get in, close the door, put the seatbelt on, turn the key to on, wait for the seatbelt light to turn off, then unbuckle and buckle it at least 5 times in 10 seconds, then turn the key to off. It should chime when you turn it off if you do this right.

This worked for me on my '05 after a couple of tries. Still get the chime when I first turn on the key but not on the road. Pretty excited about this. It was driving me bananas. :BANANA:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:10 am 
LOST Member

[EDIT: I just tried the handshake just turning the ign. Switch on/off w/out cranking/starting eng. Re the door-ajar chime:
- Does not chime with key in ignition-on position (or key removed, duh), but chimes in all other keyed positions.
- It would seem that the seatbelt chime may only scream if the engine is running.]

This "Chime" thread is celebrating its 8th anniversary!
Apologies for waking restful giants.

My recollection is that the 007-grade seatbelt-chime cancel-handshake does NOT cancel the door-ajar chime, correct? My memory may well be wrong. Nor can I recall if the engine must be running to perform the handshake sequence, or just ignition-on. My intake/exhaust are currently off so I can't start the beast (if necessary).

I also have my dash apart to install extra gauges. While suffering the door chime I was driven to try locating the *%^# chime to DESTROY it. After a few minutes of failure I gave up.
Someone here said that it is located INSIDE the cluster? I'll throw a stetho on it to confirm. If true, I am def gonna' attempt to crack the cluster and harvest that whining rat-bastard. If victorious, instructions coming.

In case I accidentally disturb or disconnect a crash-related circuit/component the battery is disconnected, hopefully preventing the grim prospect of a surprise mouthful of airbag.

Keys: cancel stop quiet silence kill seatbelt seat-belt seat belt door tailgate hatchback back-window ajar open loose chime chiming screaming whining chirping squealing annoying

'19: Trans w/Suncoast/Transgo/HDdiscs, new OME CRD-rated lift, electric tri-fan setup, BlackMagics/Centric Premiums, Airbags.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Back up in ya azz with a resurrection! Y'all got some funny suggestions for this one. Since like 1970-something, maybe even 1960-something, all cars use the same freaking setup for seat belt chime and warning. A simple switch in the latch section. The part with the red button that goes clicky clicky. That has the switch in it. There are two wires coming out of the latch part. They will be in a black wire sleeve. Without looking at the KJ diagrams right now, the two wires either need to be twisted together or left apart. Cut the wires and figure out which. You'll see the wires around where the latch bolts to the floor. Some manufacturers use the switch to make a contact, others use it to break it. I think Jeep uses the switch to make contact, so twisted them together would work.
Those two wires feed to the airbag module. All the airbag module sees is a simple ground signal telling the IC in the module the seat belt is buckled. Which then tells the dash light and warning to go off via the bus. It doesn't affect your airbag working or not. All you are doing with those two wires is faking the system out to think your buckle is buckled.