It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: left rear window fell
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:37 pm 
LOST Member

Kanvas wrote:
JeepMorrison wrote:
kidjedi wrote:
I have two of the cheaper (but metal) eBay replacements still going strong.

X3 in my 06 and x2 in my 02.

If you dont wanna fix it, put a big zip tie over the window channel rail

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Haha great minds think alike :jester: this is exactly what I have done until I get the replacements but wanted to get some feedback with the ebay ones. With summer almost here in Australia, the beach is calling and the windows will be down while cruising :BANANA:

I did the zip tie thing while waiting for my parts to arrive. :lol:

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

My left rear window fell a few years ago. Used gaffer tape to hold it up and eventually bought a rebuild kit from Steiner Performance. Going strong. Surprised none of my others went, especially my driver side front since I'm a former smoker/current vaper and open and close it constantly on any drive.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:55 pm 
LOST Member

Doing this again on the rear left of the new-to-us 2005 CRD. Couldn't remember what I did last time, so found the video of the "easier" way I mentioned in a previous thread. The guy is replacing a plastic bracket with another plastic one, but I think the way he bends the tabs instead of drilling things out to install the new bracket is quicker/easier, so posting the video here to make it easier to find the next time I need it! :lol:

https://youtu.be/Ogy4jogaTmo

05 CRD Limited (black), factory skids, Fumoto Valve, ARP Studs, Hayden HD fan clutch, EGR delete, Seyfert CRD Stage 2, 225/70R16, EGT gauge

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello,
I replaced my driver side rear window regulator last year. Used this replacement:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Rear-Left-D ... PC&vxp=mtr
I am happy to say that it works great, is inexpensive, is faster, and is a different design than the original and all the previous replacements that I have done on this jeep (6 so far in 10 years, only the first 2 were under manufactures warranty). This one I have the most confidence in due to the different design of where the cable connects to the plastic slider piece. 1 note however. you will need to use a beefy zip tie to connect the newer style plastic clip to the glass window. (3 of the 4 windows are now connected this way, and it works just fine. But get the very thick zip ties and cut them down to size after the connection is made. (the ones I used are white, from walmart, heavy duty, 5 pack).
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gardner-Bende ... k/21009140
Good luck.