It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm getting "Another" Liberty!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We heard at work a few months ago that we were going to be getting company vehicles. Just so you know, my company does Federal Government work, and we have 3,000+ field people, including me. Well this morning I learned that our options will be:

Chrysler Sebring

Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2

Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4

Dodge Caravan

Seems like an easy choice to me. I getting the Liberty 4x4. Even though my wife's car lease runs for another year, and we have a growing family, and I just bought my Renegade in Feb. 2005, I think another Liberty is the way to go. That way, I can do to my Renegade what ever I want, while putting very low miles on it. Which is good because it's NOT a lease. Once the wife's lease is up, she'll drive it daily, but she only works 5 miles from home. We can use the company Liberty for all long trips, my hunting trips and what not, but the Renegade when I want a different look. Also, I can not see myself in a caravan, or any "non" 4x4 vehicle. We don't have the longest or worst winters here in Pittsburgh, but having to go out and drive on a daily basis, I'd rather know I will be able to get where I need to go.

The compnay car program will work out that we will have to pay a "small" amount each month (amount not known to us yet), for personal use, but every expense, gas, registration, maintenance, insurance, everything will be paid for. The Liberty 4x4 will cost more then the other options, but I don't care. I could also sell the Renegade, so I don't have 3 payments for the next year, but that ain't happening.

A company doing government work driving Liberty's, ironic isn't it.

Front - Rancho RSX's, Rusty's strut plates, Custom 1/4" Clevis Spacer
Rear - OME-N132L shocks, Daystar bump stops
Al's Arms & Moog LBJ's
245/75/16 BFG KO's on Moabs
AMSOIL
Husky Liners
Mopar Seat Covers
Mopar Rock Rails & Skids

Post subject: Openings?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:23 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Your company wouldn't happen to be hiring would they? That is a great deal. Congratulations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:29 pm 
LOST Member

Hey PBrug, you gonna wheel your Renny? There's nice place to wheel about an hour from the 'burgh in Wellsville, OH. You'll probably want to be lifted with some new rubber first though.

What kind of field work do you do? I could use a job that gives me a KJ!

CB w/ 4' Firestick mounted on Tire Carrier,
Full MOPAR Skids, RRO Diff guard, 'AllJ Boulder Bars, Rhino-lining applied to sides.
On-board Air (Superflow MV-50)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hoss, Probably won't do any heavy wheeling in the Renny any time soon. Have to get her running right first (see my post) http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=777

I do some light stuff when hunting. I have a cabin near the Allegheny National Forest, in Warren County, PA. I would like to get lifted ASAP, but with a newborn, and some other life stuff, I think I'll need to hold off for a little while. Plus, the wife would have a heart attach if I did what I see you guys doing with your Jeeps. We've been on some light trails, and she thought we were either going to get stuck, or break something.

As for my work, we do background investigations for security clearances for the Federal Government. We do them for people seeking government employment, government contractors, reinvestigations for current employees and for the military.

Front - Rancho RSX's, Rusty's strut plates, Custom 1/4" Clevis Spacer
Rear - OME-N132L shocks, Daystar bump stops
Al's Arms & Moog LBJ's
245/75/16 BFG KO's on Moabs
AMSOIL
Husky Liners
Mopar Seat Covers
Mopar Rock Rails & Skids