It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheap key FOB?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:01 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey dealer said $230 in Canada, obviously that's a joke, so where can I get one? Can I just get one from ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Replacement ... c5&vxp=mtr

Will above work?

Post subject: Re: Cheap key FOB?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Do you need the remote - IE the electronics? Or just the plastic case? I purchased just the plastic case- not OEM. Close copy. But used my original PC board. I found that the rubber button piece sticks up higher than factory. Panic button would be bumped and alarm would go off. I then used original rubber piece.
I'd make sure if you buy electronics that it's OEM and could be program. If dealer had to program they might not do it if it's not OEM
ImageImage
This is what I did, to empty cases for 10.50.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:05 pm 
LOST Addict

4wheeldeal wrote:
Hey dealer said $230 in Canada, obviously that's a joke, so where can I get one? Can I just get one from ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Replacement ... c5&vxp=mtr

Will above work?

I bought two, one for my wifes WK and one for my KJ. Works perfect, easy program if you have two keys already. I paid a locksmith local 50 bucks to program the WK.

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

K I thought I lost my key FOB but I found it, so if I get a key with the guts I can program it myself? I had two key fobs but lost one and almost lost this one so I woul like to get a reg key and another key fob if possible for cheap.

If I can do like you said get a lock smith or even the meat head dealer to cut them and I program th I will be happy.

Dealer said $80 for the key no buttons and $230 for key with buttons, I almost choked and passed out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:18 pm 
LOST Addict

I had two for my KJ, had a local hardware store cut mine. Then did a google search and found gow to program the keys.

So yes two working keys....program yourself

Less than two, locksmith or stealership.

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:18 am 
LOST Newbie

I had tried a couple different ways to open the door. Accessing the hinge pin, the pull cable/cord, as well as many other ways of opening the door I have done in similar situations with my job (Apartment maintenance) and I knew that it was going to end up in a demolition of the whole thing, I wasn't surprised when the dealership service center told me that the Locksmith who managed to open it and replace the part had to basically destruct the lock piece by piece until he got far enough into it to manually remove the lock. It took him 3.5 hours. They charged me for 2.5 hours labor.