It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alum. radiator for KJ ??...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:44 pm 
LOST Member

Got the dreaded upper driver's side corner crack in my radiator yesterday and was doing some searching here on replacements. I know aftermarket is out since they don't seem to hold up from all the posts where folks are griping about them failing and having to go back and buy the factory OEM part anyway....

So, while searching I did find a couple posts suggesting an alum. radiator existed for the KJ but no links or other info. as to where to find one was provided. Anybody have a line on this "unicorn" part for the KJ ?? Found a KJ alum. radiator out of china in one post but was a little scared about fit and the fact it ships from china and wondered how much customs might try to screw me on getting it into the country...So if there's a domestic source for these I'd rather go that route. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Alum. radiator for KJ ??...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:35 pm 
LOST Member

Other than custom made aluminum radiator......

But I order stuff from china all the time. Usally customs is included in the price or something. I have never paid customs with a online order. But I live in the US, dont know about other places.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Alum. radiator for KJ ??...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:56 pm 
LOST Addict

I haven't heard of any.
With all the AC crap I deleted, and the factory electric fan, I'm dreaming of finding a reasonably priced aluminum radiator from another vehicle, and making it fit, when my #2 radiator starts to leak. I'd like to hear about it if anyone has any good ideas on the subject?
hmm, I wonder what a custom one runs?

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete