It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2009 KK Lifetime warranty service
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Greetings everyone.. Been a while since I've posted here. Use to post under JeepLikens but can't get the mods to reset my password or change my email so that account is dead, so I'm back using my standard name I use on the VW forum as well..

With that said, My custom steel bumper that Morgan made is doing well. Still on the fence for the rear bumper.

So, one day, I pulled into the garage and could smell that "oil on manifold" smell. Thinking..Oh oh. My jeep is seeping something. Crawled under it and notice the trans pan was leaking. I complained about it 2 years ago rusting all the paint off the pan but was told till it leaked, nothing they could do. So guess what? Time to have something done. While under there, spotted the front drive shaft boot that connects to the rear of the shaft and transfer case had a small 1 inch tear. Ok. Lucky I spotted that. Took it in Jim Riehls Chrysler Jeep in Warren MI (same place that did my lift and put my bumper on). They had the jeep for a week (had to wait for a part) but they replaced the pan, bolts, gasket and installed a new drive shaft (shaft alone would have cost 500 bucks as per the parts people) and an oil change. Didn't cost me a nickle. Warranty paid for it all (oil change was thrown in for free as it was close enough since the last one anyway). Needless to say, glad it came with the warranty. It's about to hit 100k and this is the first wear/tear items fixed. Other then the door locking device for the rear driver-side door going out at 38k, it's been trouble free. :BANANA:

(9 rear diff ground clearance)
ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Reese Class III Rear Hitch
Pyle 42watt flood lights
Lifetime Warranty - Eng, Trans-Drivetrain

Post subject: Re: 2009 KK Lifetime warranty service
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey mods.. any chance you read this.. change me back to my old handle? :POPCORN:

bump

(9 rear diff ground clearance)
ATH Front steel bumper
12k lb winch - BadLands
Reese Class III Rear Hitch
Pyle 42watt flood lights
Lifetime Warranty - Eng, Trans-Drivetrain