It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Broke down and out
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:11 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm sure it's a battery issue. Got in to start the jeep this morning... let the wife take the darn charger. And on the first turn it was a very weak wind up and dead. No dim lights etc. Tried again and heard a rapid click and "no fuse" went across my instrument panel. Checked fuses and none are blown. Nothing here to jump it with so I was just curious while I await if this sounds like a simple battery issue to you guys?

Post subject: Re: Broke down and out
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:15 am 
LOST Junkie

evoljeep wrote:
I'm sure it's a battery issue. Got in to start the jeep this morning... let the wife take the darn charger. And on the first turn it was a very weak wind up and dead. No dim lights etc. Tried again and heard a rapid click and "no fuse" went across my instrument panel. Checked fuses and none are blown. Nothing here to jump it with so I was just curious while I await if this sounds like a simple battery issue to you guys?

Sounds like a bad battery or bad battery connection. Also check the negative battery cable going to chassis is clean and tight and the grounding strap grounding the engine to chassis is clean and tight.

I have never heard of the "no fuse" message...I will have to look it up....I presume you tested all the fuses under the hood and on the fuse panel inside the cabin!

There is also a "fusable link" inside the thick wire going from the Alternator to the Positive terminal on the battery...maybe the PCM/ECM detects this is blown although I would think that this would only cause the battery to not charge and the battery Light would come on when running. Worth checking this fusable link though...if there is continuity between the alternator and the positive lead of the battery you would expect to see +12 volts there at the alternator as you would see on the Red battery terminal.

Lets wait for you to get the battery load tested or replaced before looking into the problem further! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:14 am 
LOST Newbie

Billwill wrote:
evoljeep wrote:

Sounds like a bad battery or bad battery connection. Also check the negative battery cable going to chassis is clean and tight and the grounding strap grounding the engine to chassis is clean and tight.

I have never heard of the "no fuse" message...I will have to look it up....I presume you tested all the fuses under the hood and on the fuse panel inside the cabin!

There is also a "fusable link" inside the thick wire going from the Alternator to the Positive terminal on the battery...maybe the PCM/ECM detects this is blown although I would think that this would only cause the battery to not charge and the battery Light would come on when running. Worth checking this fusable link though...if there is continuity between the alternator and the positive lead of the battery you would expect to see +12 volts there at the alternator as you would see on the Red battery terminal.

Lets wait for you to get the battery load tested or replaced before looking into the problem further! :wink:

Hey sorry I had a crazy work week and wanted to thank you. It was just the battery. Just had my tires rotated today and alignment done. Oil changed and have a tune up appointment next week for plugs, fluids. Don't really need it but I think I'm going to sell her. I never get to use it how I want and my work commute sucks. Now it's just making sure everything is mechanically sound.

One new problem I just developed is my master window control drivers side window has to be clicked a few times to roll it up every now and then. Other 3 windows have 0 issue. Going to pull the panel out today and see if something just isn't connecting right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:09 am 
LOST Member

Check for any wire connections and have the rotor tested.