It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Multiple Codes and wondering if connected
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a 2008 KK 3.7L sport stock. In the last few months it has acted a little funny in that sometimes when we go to start it, it will continue to crank but not start. I know the computer will take over and thus turns over the engine for 15 seconds. More recently it has thrown the P01456 (small evap leak) and P0301 (cylinder #1 misfire). As they appeared at the same time I inclined that they are connected to the same issue. I have traced the evap lines, but honestly they all look in really good shape. The canister is in good shape and can not find a gas smell anywhere. I know the gas cap could be replaced (replaced the original a year ago after wife dropped it and broke in two) as it no longer "clicks".

What I am suspecting, but want to confirm is that the fuel pump is possibly going out. Also wondering if there are any other ideas out there.

Post subject: Re: Multiple Codes and wondering if connected
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:21 am 
LOST Junkie

vanvolkp wrote:
I have a 2008 KK 3.7L sport stock. In the last few months it has acted a little funny in that sometimes when we go to start it, it will continue to crank but not start. I know the computer will take over and thus turns over the engine for 15 seconds. More recently it has thrown the P01456 (small evap leak) and P0301 (cylinder #1 misfire). As they appeared at the same time I inclined that they are connected to the same issue. I have traced the evap lines, but honestly they all look in really good shape. The canister is in good shape and can not find a gas smell anywhere. I know the gas cap could be replaced (replaced the original a year ago after wife dropped it and broke in two) as it no longer "clicks".

What I am suspecting, but want to confirm is that the fuel pump is possibly going out. Also wondering if there are any other ideas out there.

There is a section further down specifically for questions and answers for the 2008-2012 KK....try posting your questions there rather! :wink: