It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 CRD Battery Tray Removal - IGNORE THIS POST
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

How do I remove the battery tray? I have a brake line leak below the tray. I can't access the line from under the vehicle so I am attempting to get at it from above. There is one nut holding the tray in p;ace. When I put a socket on it the bolt and nut both turn. I can't get under the tray to hold the bolt due to space. I have tried but to no avail. Any suggestions short of destroying the tray?

I found the answer, actually my grandson found it. The nut/bolt is also attached to a two hole plate about 1/2 inch by about 1 inch by about the thickness of a washer. He was able to get a wrench onto the other bolt, that is hidden by the battery tray, and loosen and remove it. Before replacing the tray I plan to cut a small piece of it away so future access won't be as difficult.

Post subject: Re: 2006 CRD Battery Tray Removal - IGNORE THIS POST
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:26 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Which bolt is it , may help to answer your question

Post subject: Re: 2006 CRD Battery Tray Removal - IGNORE THIS POST
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:24 am 
LOST Newbie

It is the bolt that is set into a recess in the back of the tray on the engine side.
After discovering the connecting plate and the other bolt holding it to the body/frame we discovered the bolt to be piece of threaded rod with a clip on one end to hold it to the tray and a nut on the other side holding the threaded rod to the tray. Not a great design as the rod turns with the nut and without discovering the other bolt holding the plate to the body/frame it would never come out unless one destroyed the tray. That wasn't an option so my grandson, who is more limber than I, was able to route around and eventually found the other bolt.