It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Poor Heat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey fellow Kj owners got an issue and need advice!
Ive been having an issue with my heat in my liberty in that I get poor heat when I get to operation temperature. Recently had the upper radiator hose rip on me when it got cold here in N.J and coolant leaked. I replaced the hose along with the Dexcool coolant to the cold fill line. I had the radiator replaced about a year ago and havnt had any recent coolant leaks. I then bled the cooling system by opening the coolant reservoir cap while the egine was running and heat on high for 30minutes. Although it seems better I still should have warmer heat. I also had the heater box flushed about the same time as the radiator was replaced. any advice?

Post subject: Re: Poor Heat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 am 

Could be the Heater Blend Door actuator not working as it should! Others have had the same problem...
It operates a door that blends cold air with hot air depending on dash knob setting to give desired air temperature!

Factory Mopar Parts has them for $31 bucks: > http://www.factorymoparparts.com/jeep/l ... e=actuator

Actuator is located on right side of HVAC box, access it under dash on passenger side... :wink:
It can be changed out fairly easy as it is on the outside of the HVAC Box!!!

Item no. 9 on the image:>

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:22 pm 
LOST Member

I only question the use of dexcool. Us crd owners stick with Xerox G-06.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
Could be the Heater Blend Door actuator not working as it should! Others have had the same problem...
It operates a door that blends cold air with hot air depending on dash knob setting to give desired air temperature!

Factory Mopar Parts has them for $31 bucks: > http://www.factorymoparparts.com/jeep/l ... e=actuator

Actuator is located on right side of HVAC box, access it under dash on passenger side... :wink:
It can be changed out fairly easy as it is on the outside of the HVAC Box!!!

Item no. 9 on the image:>

Thanks for the reply! Will check this out as soon as possible. Not sure if it is connected but my temperature dial on my dash is reversed! hot is cold and vice versa so Im guessing someone tried working on this before. Will update the post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got my heat back :pepper: had all the hoses pulled and flushed including heater core and now have heat on both sides 100%
But of course now I another issue because why would something go right the first time? I now have a misfire and engine light on :banghead:
I then pulled my coil packs and found water residue on the bottem of one which was steaming from the engine heat. I looked inside the cavity and saw water sitting by the spark plug. Can I hit this cavity with some air and WD-40? I baught a new coil pack just incase and replaced one but still have a misfire. Im hoping it can dry out?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:25 pm 

BLUEKJ02 wrote:
Got my heat back :pepper: had all the hoses pulled and flushed including heater core and now have heat on both sides 100%
But of course now I another issue because why would something go right the first time? I now have a misfire and engine light on :banghead:
I then pulled my coil packs and found water residue on the bottem of one which was steaming from the engine heat. I looked inside the cavity and saw water sitting by the spark plug. Can I hit this cavity with some air and WD-40? I baught a new coil pack just incase and replaced one but still have a misfire. Im hoping it can dry out?

Compressed air will not hurt anything. WD40 is also OK. A little brake cleaner spray will also dry up the moisture...

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:03 am 
LOST Newbie

[quote="WWDiesel"][quote="BLUEKJ02"] Thanks I gave it a shot of both and the engine light cleared and I have a good idle but still jumps alittle at a red light or leaving 1st gear. Not sure what to check now since I have no code to help me locate the fault.