It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battery recomendations
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

my battery doesn't have enough cranking amps for my 02 Limited, which battery is good these days, I searched and didn't see any recent reviews?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Battery recomendations
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:16 pm 
LOST Addict

After several Gold batteries from Advanced Auto parts failed under warranty they gave me a full refund. I went and got a Diehead Platinum P1 for my 06 CRD Limited. in over 2 years I have had zero starting issues at all. I'd highly recommend those

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just ordered one of these off Amazon. Very positive reviews.

Optima Batteries 8025-160 25 RedTop Starting Battery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

sparky123321 wrote:
Just ordered one of these off Amazon. Very positive reviews.

Optima Batteries 8025-160 25 RedTop Starting Battery

10 years ago when they still were made in the USA,far from worth the box it will come in now it's made in Mexico and rarely barely last till it warranty period which was shortened after Johnson Controls bought them years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

I went with a Napa Legend Premium and they put it in for me, also has a $20 rebate on it. It is a 5 year battery!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

02 Limited? If the correct group size battery doesn't have enough cranking power for your KJ, then either your starter is drawing too much current during cranking or the battery is faulty.

I have an 03 Limited and am using a Group Size 34 battery from Meijer, Pro-Cell. It's nothing special, but 2 years in now with winters getting into the negatives, and summers hitting 90s and it cranks every time.

Are you sure you just dont need a NEW battery, as opposed to a larger capacity and powered battery?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

The Napa battery fixed my problem it is rated at 520 CCa. Old battery had a bad cell or two, measured 12.22volts,didn't test cranking amperage in a parking lot on a rainy afternoon, I tried jump starting,did not work, wrecker driver jump started it. He had big batteries!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JasonJ wrote:
02 Limited? If the correct group size battery doesn't have enough cranking power for your KJ, then either your starter is drawing too much current during cranking or the battery is faulty.

I have an 03 Limited and am using a Group Size 34 battery from Meijer, Pro-Cell. It's nothing special, but 2 years in now with winters getting into the negatives, and summers hitting 90s and it cranks every time.

Are you sure you just dont need a NEW battery, as opposed to a larger capacity and powered battery?

The group 25 battery that came stock for '02's has 3 times the required cranking amps to start the engine.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:30 am 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

tjkj2002 wrote:
JasonJ wrote:

The group 25 battery that came stock for '02's has 3 times the required cranking amps to start the engine.

Troy, do you have a Odyssey? I recall you having a red battery but it wasn't an Optima.

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

STINGN wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
JasonJ wrote:

Troy, do you have a Odyssey? I recall you having a red battery but it wasn't an Optima.

Yes I'm now running a Odyssey PC1750(group 65) and before that I had a Odyssey PC1500DT(group 34/78).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Our shop stopped buying any of the Optimas. They USED TO be the best battery going, but since thwy got bought out, I've had at least 50% of them fail within 3 years. We use them in mission critical applications and can't have these POS failing.

I use the Interstate MT7 now. Zero failures since switching to them several years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:12 am 

One of the very best batteries with some of the highest amp ratings available is the NorthStar AGM in whatever size you desire if you do not mind paying the premium price... :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Anything East Penn/Deka. I have an East Penn AGM.

2015 KL Limited