It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windshield Washer Issues
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:18 am 
LOST Member

The washer on the drivers side has a very weak stream...or sometimes none at all. The passenger side and rear window work fine. Ran a small wire through the nipple and it seems to be clear. I would dig into the system further but it seems I will have to remove the windshield washer arms to do so, and that is my problem. I have taken the retaining bolts off but the arms are still solidly attached to their shafts. I have tried to pry them off with no results. The plastic shroud at the base of the windshield is too weak to pry against.
Any one have any ideas as to how to take the wipers off....or access the washer lines without doing so?

Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: Windshield Washer Issues
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:29 am 
LOST Member

Recommend confirming that the pump is okay before tearing apart your topside. It's attached to the reservoir inside the front-right fender.
Suerte

'19: Trans w/Suncoast/Transgo/HDdiscs, new OME CRD-rated lift, electric tri-fan setup, BlackMagics/Centric Premiums, Airbags.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:39 am 
LOST Member

Your pump seems to be working OK as the water going to the front wipers starts off as a single pipe which then branches off to each front window.

I know on my 2002 Export CD there is no gain in removing the wipers off the driving spline....nothing to see there...but the pipes can be traced back to the V junction plastic section where the pipes branch off...may be a blockage there.

I always use a small pin to clean out the small nipples and use the pin to swivel the nozzle around to hit the screen in the correct place...a pin can bend without breaking, do not use a sewing needle as these are brittle and can break off in the small nipple!

To remove wipers spray some WD 40 onto the spline then use a small bearing puller or place a block of wood near to the spline and use that as a base to pry the wipers off. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:03 am 
LOST Member

Much to my amazement after many months of not working, one day out of the blue, the driver's side washer began working again. I have no idea what happened, but I am not complaining. :BANANA: