It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 Jeep Liberty a/c compressor delete
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well the day happened.....
about 30 days ago I went to have the a/c system checked as I had nice warm air coming out of the vents.... the issue was a leak under the dash (about 950$ to repair). I had planned to have the work done by next spring but a surprise was waiting yesterday... I went out in the rain so I left the air setting on the defog for the front window...... it took about 15 mins and one smelly burned air came in the cabin SO disgusting!!!!! That's when I put one and one together!!!!! The compressor probably burned!!!!

Went to the garage this morning and that was the correct diagnosis with also a bad a/c pulley.... man.... another 600$ for the a/c. At that point decided I could live without it. The garage removed the compressor and we changed the belt to accommodate for the removal. I told the garage, after reading some forums that the correct belt would be slightly smaller and he agreed to do the work. Please see pics of the delete and the belt replacement info for those who did not know the number. Thx and FYI.

MarcosImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk