It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fuse Problems
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 pm 

DarkEnemy wrote:
Thanks for the info.
So no elephant hose mod, check!
Any good right ups on the proVent install? I did google it and found one on a different site but i would like to see if there is an easier option
This is the correct part? https://www.idparts.com/mann-provent-200-p-2334.html

That is the correct ProVent filter!
As to the install, just do a search on LOST for "Provent install", lots of posts and some pictures on LOST on how to and location!

IF you don't find what you need, just ask! :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
DarkEnemy wrote:
Thanks for the info.
So no elephant hose mod, check!
Any good right ups on the proVent install? I did google it and found one on a different site but i would like to see if there is an easier option
This is the correct part? https://www.idparts.com/mann-provent-200-p-2334.html

That is the correct ProVent filter!
As to the install, just do a search on LOST for "Provent install", lots of posts and some pictures on LOST on how to and location!

IF you don't find what you need, just ask! :wink:

Did a search and found some decent topics but most of the pics wont load. Maybe the threat is too old? I do like your copper pipe install. What about this one? http://www.auerbach.ca/kj/provent/ If you could tell me what you used I could see about doing it your way.

Also let me see if I get how the filter is installed. The top connector on the filter comes from the ccv and the bottom goes to the hose from the air intake that connects the airbox to the turbo correct? Then you need a drain tube installed on the bottom?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:33 pm 

DarkEnemy wrote:
Did a search and found some decent topics but most of the pics wont load. Maybe the threat is too old? I do like your copper pipe install. What about this one? http://www.auerbach.ca/kj/provent/ If you could tell me what you used I could see about doing it your way.
Also let me see if I get how the filter is installed. The top connector on the filter comes from the ccv and the bottom goes to the hose from the air intake that connects the airbox to the turbo correct? Then you need a drain tube installed on the bottom?
Thanks in advance.

That link shows all the parts, but personally I like placing the PRoVent on the passenger's side of the engine compartment since the turbo intake boot is on that side.
I looked at that location before I mounted mine, but did not like the idea of mounting something to the ECM bolts!

You are correct on the connectors and for hose some use the polyvinyl reinforced hose.

one of my early install pictures before adding the copper pipe:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

Last edited by WWDiesel on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:09 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
DarkEnemy wrote:
Thanks in advance.

That link shows all the parts, but personally I like placing the PRoVent on the passenger's side of the engine compartment since the turbo intake boot is on that side.
I looked at that location before I mounted mine, but did not like the idea of mounting something to the ECM bolts!

You are correct on the connectors and for hose some use the polyvinyl reinforced hose.

one of my early install pictures before adding the copper pipe:

What did you use for the bottom connector to the intake boot? What did you use for the drain tube? You make a bracket to mount filter?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:23 pm 

DarkEnemy wrote:
What did you use for the bottom connector to the intake boot? What did you use for the drain tube? You make a bracket to mount filter?

For the drain, I used some of the reinforced polyvinyl tubing in 3/8" and routed it down to the side of the frame where I installed a small globe valve for easy draining.
(be sure and zip tie away from the exhaust pipe!)
For the boot connection, I used a schedule 80 PVC fitting.
The bracket is a simple flat piece of 1/8 thick x 1" wide piece of aluminum. I bolted it to the bracket for the turbo vacuum controls and bolted the ProVent to the aluminum bar! :wink:
See picture.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

Last edited by WWDiesel on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
DarkEnemy wrote:

For the drain, I used some of the reinforced polyvinyl tubing in 3/8" and routed it down to the side of the frame where I installed a small globe valve for easy draining.
(be sure and zip tie away from the exhaust pipe!)
For the boot connection, I used a schedule 80 PVC fitting.
The bracket is a simple flat piece of 1/8 thick x 1" wide piece of aluminum. I bolted it to the bracket for the turbo vacuum controls and bolted the ProVent to the aluminum bar! :wink:
See picture.

Okay thanks! I will let you know if i need any other help. Have a good Thanksgiving!