It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Air Bags Recall R-06 02 LIberty
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:52 am 
LOST Member

Of course, had this recall notice for a long time and did nothing. Then the airbag warning light began coming on, rarely at first, then more often. It got to where it came on more often than not, so I called to take it in.

Took a few days to get the part -- replacing the airbag module. When I drove home, no light -- OK, fixed.

Nope. Next day came back on virtually every time.

Went back yesterday and they also replaced the airbag sensors at the front of the vehicle by the radiator. Chided me because they "didn't know" the airbag light was on. He said if the light was on they were supposed to replace the sensors also.

I had told them when they had asked me if it was on or flashing. What I think is that I had to postpone my appointment to get my new radiator installed and they lost track of what I had said. At the time I took it in, the light was off so they didn't see it.
Seems it was a pretty important piece of information, and they should have made sure about it.

Looks OK for now. Hope it holds.

Post subject: Re: Air Bags Recall R-06 02 LIberty
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:37 pm 
LOST Member

If the light is coming on, there should be a code set in the module. A code reader that can read airbag/SRS codes should be able to help determine what's causing the light to come on. Sounds like an intermittent fault like a loose connection somewhere, or a bad clockspring.