It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Check engine light.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just purchased a CRD liberty picked it up for next to nothing. Ran a scan on it came up with 14 codes, its got 140k on it so i got the normal without the egr delete. Needs 3 out of 4 glow plugs, also 2 injectors, i got an error for egr performance which i assume it has to due with a clogged up EGR. But i have a big concern it that the check engine light is not on, and when i do a bulb test that does not even light up. I also have a turbo underboost, different opinions out there some say turbo is on its way out, others say could have a leak or a hose going. So i don't know I have a P0564 code for a speed control switch 1, P0589 Speed Control Switch 2. And two that really concern me are a P1614 ECU Reset. Recovery, and a P0513 Invalid SKIM Key. I know the SKIM key if for the ignition for the key fob but the ecu has me lost. I can't find a decent program for the computer to connect to the obd2 port so this is all from a handheld. If anyone can provide me any insight on this i would really appreciate it, and if anyone has any recommendations on a good PC program that i can use to connect to the vehicle it would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Check engine light.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm 

First off, welcome :D

Best place to start is with Sam's CRD Noob Guide. Run through that and let's see where things sit.

For OBD-II code reading, I'll recommend an ELM327 Bluetooth Adapter, the Android device of your choice, and the Torque Pro app. Been using this combination for about a decade and recommend it strongly. Torque also has a free version, but it's more than worth the $5 being asked for it.

General notes:
  • If the glow plugs are still ceramic, replace all 4 before one breaks a tip off and damages a piston, liner, or valves.
  • How did you determine that the injectors need replacement?
  • Clogged EGR is very likely. Best bet is to install a delete kit and clean out the manifold.
  • Turbo underboost could be a number of things. A torn airbox-to-turbo hose is a definite possibility, so inspect that first along with the air filter. OEM replacement hoses are here; silicone replacement hoses are here. Silicone is strongly recommended; if you go through the noob guide and find out what the CCV system does to the rubber hoses, you'll know why.
  • As for the rest, you could have a removed CEL bulb; I've seen sellers pull that sort of thing in the past. Read the noob guide, chase up the items above, get a cheap-but-serviceable code reader, and let us know where you are after that.

BTW: you might want to post in the CRD Forum with questions like these - they'll tend to be seen faster ;)

JBA Lifted A-Arms
IRO WJ Short Rear UCA/WWDiesel mount
Skid Row Skidplates
HDS Model 001 Thermostat (190°F)
Suncoast TC
Full Weeks Kit
Bosch 5V glow plugs
Hayden 2986 fan clutch / GM 11-blade fan
Samco / Sasquatch Intake Hoses
Carter in-tank pump
Provent 200
V6 Airbox

Post subject: Re: 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Check engine light.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

thanks bud will do...

the injectors was a code i got from my handheld scanner injector 2 and 4 so i figure i try to run some injector cleaner thru the system see if that fixes the problem, cheaper to start lol.