It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:25 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi everyone,

I found the L.O.S.T. website for the first time today (awesome by the way) and I have a question for you. I want to upgrade my OEM muffler on my 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited with a 50 Series SUV performance muffler from Flowmaster. The problem is I'm not sure what size the inlet and outlet ports of the OEM muffler is. I called my local Jeep dealership and the service guy couldn't even find the size information. Before I buy the Flowmaster I need to know the exact size of the inlet and outlet ports to ensure I buy the correct aftermarket muffler for my exhaust system. My OEM muffler by the way has a center lined inlet port and an offset outlet port. I got down there with a tape measure today and they seem to be about 2 1/2 inches in diameter but I need to be exact. Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks!
Will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 am 
LOST Addict

Stock pipes are 2.5" Ouside diameter and 2.25" Inside diameter. If you get the Flowmaster with the 2.5" inlet/outlet piping, you will have to get necks to slip over it to have it fit. Another alternative (What I am doing to also gain a deeper note) is have a shop replace your pipes from the muffler back with 2.5" Inside diameter pipes. Hope this helps!

Mid-Atlantic & Carolina LOST #236236
2006 TJ Solar Yellow Rubicon
Lockers, Springs, Skids, Headers, Snorkel,
Exhaust Work, 4.5 Long Arm, Warn M8000
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers Moab's/SpiderTrax, 6000k HID, IPF H4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

uvalax236 wrote:
Stock pipes are 2.5" Ouside diameter and 2.25" Inside diameter. If you get the Flowmaster with the 2.5" inlet/outlet piping, you will have to get necks to slip over it to have it fit. Another alternative (What I am doing to also gain a deeper note) is have a shop replace your pipes from the muffler back with 2.5" Inside diameter pipes. Hope this helps!

A good shop can expand the inlet on the front of the muffler so it will fit over the pipe from the front and expand the pipe so it will fit over the outlet of the muffler.

L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install