It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kj codes after head gaskets help. P0172 175
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Started rehabbing my dads old Liberty and now I’m stuck. Updates to the front end, brakes, power steering lead me to going all in and lifting her then finding a head gasket and bad 02’s. While I did t do these in order this winter I knew I was all in. Issues before I pulled the motor. Rear 02 wires had been stripped and made contact, pass head gasket at cy 5 was leaking into the exhaust side and cy 6 was not working the exh valve was wedged open and the rocker had been thrown off. From that I pulled the motor and redid the head gaskets swapping heads, new oil pump gaskets and cam sensors. Installed all new 02 Ngk/ntk same with the plugs and mopar coil packs new injectors new map, new mopar iac new mass air they are all new. One done she ran but now right. Drove her for a weekend with p0172 175. Issues to note I did have a bad positive cable to ground issue while the engine was out. Cardinal sin I left the starter connected and the battery in. Made contact at the rack and it was 30-45 sec before I could pull it. This has had be chasing wires, swapping the pcm and really loosing my mind. At this point I have the codes and fuel trim runs at -32 at idle like it’s real rich. Testing the coil plug I have ground in the middle nothing on the 1-3 left and right. Testing the iac plug I have ground on the right and a faint ground on the left. My worst case theory was I fried the pcm or ecm.

Before these codes
Rear 02 wires
Head gasket leak
Rocker off valve open

Positive cable contact to ground

Runs now 2 codes 172-175 front 02’s rich condition
- tested fuses, breakers, pcm swap all interior fuse panel swap.
-test for open ground 0
-randomly searching wires.