It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2005 KJ CRD fuel tank capacity??
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:46 am 
LOST Member

I’ve consistently filled my tank about 90 litres of diesel when sputtering on Empty, always to point of the fuel nozzle auto shutoff (I’m in Canada)

But today I tried something. Jeep sat overnight , very level surface . No fuel foam in tank .

Filled it the night before from very empty to fuel spigot shutoff . Put a total of 93 litres of diesel (have the receipt ) in.

Left the Jeep overnight so the foamy air bubbles could settle .

This afternoon I slowly poured in 1 x 20 litre jerry can of diesel , took a bit to settle down the filler tube.

Jacked the drivers side rear wheel up 4” , so the tank could burp any air pockets , and very slowly (took 20 minutes) poured another 20 litre full jerry can of diesel in.

Shook the Jeep to get all air outta tank , but it would not take any more fuel.

My total was 93 litres initial fill up from sputtering empty, plus 2 x 20 litre jerry cans.

Is the MFG stated capacity for our tanks less than it actually is? Because I filled that Jeep up big time. And with zero leaks / overflow.

Is it possible I have a bigger tank than factory ? (I’m second owner)

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD 271'000+ KM's, ORM, Muffler Delete, MOROSO oil/air separator unit, 1000 CA battery, ARB Bull bumper, OME coils/shocks 2" lift. Custom BushRoo roof rack & Bush Joey hitch rack. Mobil1-301 oil filter & Mobil 1 DELVAC ESP 0W40 Full Synthetic oil, custom rear hatch cargo rack. RACOR 245 filterhead

Post subject: Re: 2005 KJ CRD fuel tank capacity??
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:00 pm 
LOST Member

There was a larger fuel tank available in the Australian after-market. Maybe you have one of those. I'm not sure of capacities. My US '05 tops out at 18.5 US gallons if I'm remembering right.