It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Awesome Video
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:26 pm 
LOST Member

I believe this is Dan Dibble stomping on the gas. And in case you're wondering why nothing breaks, he's running Rockwells with Ouverson Engineering 47 spline axles.

GET UP THERE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well you have to admit that he would not give up untill he made it.

Rock Rails
Trac-Lock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That's like 2.5-3 hours from my house...no direct way of getting there except for very rural 2 lane highway...I might make a trek out there over Christmas Break just to see what the park is all about. Awesome vid though....I wonder if the KJ could just walk up that with some help from ESP??? :wink:

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:51 pm 
This member has been Banned

OK just a quick quiz
does any body see why Dan could not just walk up that hill?
I will give you some hints look at the tires and wach what it takes for him to sling dirt?
see next post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:53 pm 

bogger s are directional they only work going forward he had them on backwards so the only way he could get traction was when the side walls cought the dirt bank

with a rig like that and cut boggers he should just walk up that hill

I think Dan has money that he dont know what to do with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

That or he wanted a challenge and wanted to burn rubber on rock.....but who cares it's his deal...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:10 pm 
LOST Member

It looked like he has ground hawgs if so i hear the rubber compound is really hard giving it nice treadwear with no grip :lol:

-John L.O.S.T. #229262
SOLD 2005 Liberty
SOLD 2006 TJ Rubicon
1977 Ford Bronco
5.5inch Superlift
35x12.50's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
jason thompson

bogger s are directional they only work going forward he had them on backwards so the only way he could get traction was when the side walls cought the dirt bank
That's wrong,boggers are not directional until you cut them.I used 33x12.50's(in the rear) and 33x10.50's(in the front) of my blazer when I used to mud race, and nowhere on the tires did it say they are directional,this side out,or have a arrow to show how the tire should be mounted.Baja claw's are directional,and ground hawgs are directional but bogger's are not.By the way good vid,lucky he was running rockwells!His wheel base really hurt him on that climb,longer wheel bases are better for those "step" type obsticals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:53 pm 
LOST Addict

I don't know man, KJ would have probably crawled right up there with a set of grabbers.. :roll:
hehehe.. :lol: he has no traction because he's got no weight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:21 pm 

tjkj2002 wrote:
Quote:
jason thompson

That's wrong,boggers are not directional until you cut them.I used 33x12.50's(in the rear) and 33x10.50's(in the front) of my blazer when I used to mud race, and nowhere on the tires did it say they are directional,this side out,or have a arrow to show how the tire should be mounted.Baja claw's are directional,and ground hawgs are directional but bogger's are not.By the way good vid,lucky he was running rockwells!His wheel base really hurt him on that climb,longer wheel bases are better for those "step" type obsticals.

I dont know why it seems every time I post up some one wants to argue with me and tell me I am wrong but I can and will defend my self
If I need to I will go find a picture of a bogger and show you that it will be no good in one direction and work great in the other

If you realy did mud race then you would know this
I am from south Louisiana and I KNOW MUD I hate it but still know it and I know that with bogger mounted correctly you get stuck going forward you can not go back

now go a head tell me I don't know what I am talking about so I can go get the picture and prove it
I have real world experances and do not post up what I do not KNOW I would think by now folks would know this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:10 am 
LOST Member

Not related to boggers, but interesting:

For those that subscribe, check out Petersons 4 wheel, feb 07 issue, p 12. "many directional tires seem to work as well or better when mounted in opposition to the recomended direction"

never noticed that before.. but alot of people seem to run em like that.

Newman from CT
04 Liberty 3.7L 67k Miles Front\Rear Tow Hooks OEM Skid Plates Hella 500's Cobra 75 CB with 4' Firestick BFG 245/70/R16
Rock Rails by Ratmloud
Frankenlift
Al's Upper A-Arms
L.O.S.T. KJ Northeast# 023050
My First 4x4 Jeep Vehicle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
I dont know why it seems every time I post up some one wants to argue with me and tell me I am wrong but I can and will defend my self
If I need to I will go find a picture of a bogger and show you that it will be no good in one direction and work great in the other

I am from south Louisiana and I KNOW MUD I hate it but still know it and I know that with bogger mounted correctly you get stuck going forward you can not go back

now go a head tell me I don't know what I am talking about so I can go get the picture and prove it
I have real world experances and do not post up what I do not KNOW I would think by now folks would know this

Great, and tell us somemore about how you are Gods gift to wheeling, and you are the best driver on the planet.... It just gets old.

245 Firestone Destinations

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (stock)

2014 Yamaha FZ-09
1999 Yamaha VMax
LOSTKJs #124

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:56 am 

broncsrule wrote:
Quote:

Great, and tell us somemore about how you are Gods gift to wheeling, and you are the best driver on the planet.... It just gets old.

not god's gift to wheelin but rather a saint that only wants to show you the light
I dont just talk it I walk it and have the scars to prove it what about your self?
check the post I out wheel most any body on this form 2 to 1
and I am not the best but probably in the top 10

next question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
jason thompson

tjkj2002 wrote:
Quote:
jason thompson

Not to get really off topic but I'm not argueing with you I'm just stating that boggers are not directional and I know because I had a set that's all.Gogherbeats I have heard this to and some of the guys where running baja claws backwards and the worked really well,seemed to clean out better than mounted the right way.

Post subject: i could be wrong, but...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:58 pm 
LOST Member

seems like the last week or two it's been startin to sound like JU in here :-)r :-)r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

anybody ever think that maybe the reason he's having such a hard time is because he's throttle happy, and with the tires spinning a million miles per hour, they don't get much time to grab on to anything if there was traction???

i mean you can clearly see by him sliding side to side all insanely that he obviously is moving like he's on ice. i don't think the tires/direction/weight or any of that had anything to do with it, but rather that he was just having fun instead of trying to finesse the obstacle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:01 pm 
LOST Addict

They were just trying to live by your motto scorpiovette!

if it aint broke, wheel it till it is. :lol:

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:21 am 
LOST Member

jason thompson wrote:
broncsrule wrote:
Quote:

not god's gift to wheelin but rather a saint that only wants to show you the light
I dont just talk it I walk it and have the scars to prove it what about your self?
check the post I out wheel most any body on this form 2 to 1
and I am not the best but probably in the top 10

next question

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:45 am 
LOST Addict

Is the engine in that back on that thing? Maybe that rig is a little light in the front, and obviously he has never heard...Easy Does It. Must be used to mud runnin'.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:00 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

broncsrule wrote:

I want to hear more. Hold on. Let me get another beer, and put a log on the fire.

Hey Fed.... cool video.

-munchie ( I do like that name)