It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Workin & Playin...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:17 am 
LOST Newbie

I lead our local Jeep club out yesterday to pick up road-side trash located in our section of the county Adopt-A-Road program. I didn’t take my Liberty this time, but did take my Grand Cherokee (didn’t want to scratch the Liberty!). Unfortunately, I also picked up some glass in my tire where the sidewall meets the tread. Even after trying road-side tire plug, the tire still leaked. I’ll check it out today, but I’ll probably have to replace the tire…

After picking up 300 lbs of trash which will be recycled and disposed of today in the county land-fill, we rode a couple of trails in the Apalachicola National Forest. We found a little mixture of natural Florida rock formations (concrete!) and muddy trails. We even let a Ford Bronco tag along.

Backwards Hell-Raiser??

First time he has ever tried "rocks"…

I like this picture, buddies learning the art of spotting. These two friends have also never really tried any krawling on rocks before, even though they have wheeled in sand pits. I had them take over spotting while I grabbed some pics.

Afterwards, they wanted to try it also…

The time went by way too fast, but it was a good time hanging out and breaking up the work week…