It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Big Dodge on 24's!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:15 am 
LOST Newbie

CRDphenox wrote:
KJKID wrote:
The saddest part about it is, that I am guessing it has a programmer, so with the programmer, and being a Diesel, he'll get 28 or so MPG. We're lucky to see 17 MPG... We're a 1/3rd of his weight.

You read too much catalog BS my friend. Iv spent alot of my life arround Dodge Diesels and I can tell you from experience that the truck pictured gets tops 23mpg on cruise at 60 and with a tail wind. The only way to get into the 25+ range consistantly is to bag it to 5", belly pan, tonneau cover, ramped intake injection, eliminate the clutch fan, eliminate emmissions controls, street spool cam, conservitive injectors, faster spooling turbo, and the right foot of a 80yr old lady. Seeing as thats a 3rd gen common rail without the egr its easier than the newer ones to get mileage but at 6-8" of lift you can only do so much.

I just figured it would be the same as my 2nd Gen 24v. It has a smarty s03 (level one), air dog 150 lift pump 4 inch lift an 35inch duratracks.
My mistake.