It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My WJ.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 am 
LOST Junkie

Well here she is in all her glory! I have plans for her but most will be on hold for a long time.

Next the the ol' KJ!

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

Post subject: Re: My WJ.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:59 pm 
LOST Member

Sweet, The WJ is my Favorite GC by far. My boss has a 4.5 rough country lift, and 33's the Jeep is baller! Its so much more capable of a wheeler than the KJ. (NOT THAT KJS ARE NOT CAPABLE)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

what are your plans for it are you going to do a build

Post subject: Re: Re: My WJ.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:27 am 
LOST Junkie

ramlebliberty wrote:
Sweet, The WJ is my Favorite GC by far. My boss has a 4.5 rough country lift, and 33's the Jeep is baller! Its so much more capable of a wheeler than the KJ. (NOT THAT KJS ARE NOT CAPABLE)

Yeah while I love my kj if i had to chose I would have to take the WJ. Between the powerful v8/545rfe, solid axles with awesome vari lock, quadra drive (although Im thinking about getting a 242 one day for select trac) and luxary its the all around package. But at this point the KJ would do better as the WJ needs alot.

teckman02 wrote:
what are your plans for it are you going to do a build

Well since we just inherited it and she is in great condition all i plan on doing is kolack 3in with a super 40 or 44, 2002 HO intake manifold, k and n fipk with amsoil filter, fastman and probably soft 8s with 31in tires. Thought about the snip mod but honestly the stock 545rfe and v8 are perfect and the mods will only help. Over time of course.

One day id love to do a 4in lift, 32s, armor/bumpers, crate HO with ported heads and over sized valves, rebuilt 545rfe, a nice stereo, and possibly moss green paint with linex where desired. But for now she is in great condition and only needs the performance mods to be perfect right now.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:36 am 
LOST Addict

Nice...I miss mine. I had a 99 Laredo 4.0 4x4. Only options I had on it was fog lights, tow package, EVIC, and Infinity sound system. I still prefer my KJ though....

2015 KL Limited

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:27 pm 
LOST Junkie

HoosierJeeper wrote:
Nice...I miss mine. I had a 99 Laredo 4.0 4x4. Only options I had on it was fog lights, tow package, EVIC, and Infinity sound system. I still prefer my KJ though....

See its a mixed bag for me. The WJ is going to be a much better family rig then the KJ due to having alot more room, better MPG, better tow, etc. But last night I parked the WJ and took the wife to dinner after her first day back at work (shes a teacher) and I must say the KJ is a much more fun rig to drive around. Granted that is probably due to the mixture of being lifted, AT tires, and performance mods. But I also think the shorter wheelbase adds to the fun quite a bit.

The thing I worry about is losing a bit of interest in the KJ once I have those mods done to the WJ. It should ride a bit more like a jeep with the SFA and with the 4.7 it will sound alot meaner. Although I love the v8 sound more then pretty much any engine (diesels are a close second) there is a soft spot in me for 6 cylinder jeeps. People say they sound funky and not as good as a v8, but for me its a signature jeep sound.

My WJ has literally every option minus the 4.7 HO which honestly after driving the WJ around for this long that really isnt an issue at all. Sadly if I had a choice ( in reality I dont have a choice) Id have to take the WJ for the family aspects and SFA.

The WJ has the following:

Front D30 with vari lock
Rear D44a with vari lock
NP247 Quadra drive (full time 4hi with neutral and 4lo)
545RFE
4.7l V8 "low output"
tow package

This makes it a clear choice as I dont have to worry about putting LSDs in, dont have to worry about the 42rle being the weak link (although I think its a perfectly fine transmission) and I dont have to worry about power since the 4.7 is a very strong performer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

liquidxit2 wrote:

See its a mixed bag for me. The WJ is going to be a much better family rig then the KJ due to having alot more room, better MPG, better tow, etc.

Better MPG with the 4.7? What are you getting/ expecting to get?

Mine was getting 19 mpg highway all stock, dropped A LOT with bigger tires... of course I have a CRD now so I am spoiled

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry