It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dealer will charge for opening the cap of anything even if they dont fill it or check it
have local guy to do big jobs and his good like timing belts etc

2'' Daystar lift kit
remapped ecu
Mopar light system
Samco Blue Hoses
Razer R20s filter
K&N Air filter system
Airflow snorkel system
builtin garmin system
bridgestone 245/70/16 All Terrains

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

jinstall wrote:
Got my Cherokee door covers today. The dealer gave them to me without paying. They could not find the right price so they let me have them and will talk to the parts guy in the morning. Man they are great.

We need to get that address and then we'll have our European KJ owners meeting at Jinstall's dealer. :D

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:37 pm 
LOST Addict

http://www.auto-hoefinghoff.de/main_ahh/start_ie.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:37 pm 
LOST Addict

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 am 
LOST Member

jinstall wrote:

Are they any good with repairs and service? might be a bit far away from the Scottish Highlands but we have family nearby and combining a trip to that dealer and our families vineyard does not sound that bad (booze and German workmanship )

I just discovered that the stealer forgot to do the brake fluid change which should be done at 75.000 Miles and they also forgot the all important diff fluid change, oh dear!
That's besides overfilling the engine oil and over inflating the tyres and what else I will discover.

Last edited by Dutchy on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:43 pm 
LOST Addict

I had the 40K service done and was poking around under the hood one day. I noticed the airbox was broken. I took photos and emailed the dealer. They appologized, ordered the part, part came in and they called me for an appointment. The owners work the dealership not just occupy space there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:31 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

:shock: now I can absolutely forget that over here. They'll blame me for braking it.

I cannot even get them to change my left LBJ. Going to pay them a visit today at 15:00h. They're in for a treat from Tony :twisted:

But I think I know what the problem is with most garage's: look around, you'll probably see some 16 year olds running about and one or two older guys to control them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:00 pm 
LOST Addict

LBJ was done with a word :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:05 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

You are not going to believe this.....please read the whole thing...still not resolved....I'm still JEEPless...driving my wive's Peugeot...

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34829

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:20 pm 
LOST Addict

tonycrd wrote:
You are not going to believe this.....please read the whole thing...still not resolved....I'm still JEEPless...driving my wive's Peugeot...

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34829

I don't know what is worst. Going about without the Jeep, or driving a Peugeot :( :lol:

I just found new joy in driving my KJ with the new tires on it! Man they are quiet! I tried 140kph and took my foot off the throttle and no tires noise! Just the wind and the little 2.8 doing 1500rpm ;)

The jeep is soo much more pleasant with a good set of noiseless tires on it. I can't wait to go to the south of France this summer! It will be such a nice trip with these babies on the jeep!

DIESEL - saving millions of liters of petrol every day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:38 am 
LOST Addict

There is a 2005 Limited CRD in light blue US specs for sale in Kaiserslautern that I am sure you can get. Last I looked it was at 19,900USD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:59 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Yeah, good idea then I'll have a spare one! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:54 am 
LOST Addict

It looks good but it was smoked in. It has a rear pinon leak as well. Seems to have all the options as well. It sits higher than mine also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:42 am 
LOST Member

My experience with Jeep dealers over the past 6 years have put me of buying a new Jeep ever again.
I was in the market for a new Cherokee 2.8 auto in 2005/06 (because of the full time 4x4 part) and I would be in the market for a Grand Cherokee CRD by now if it was not for the lack of trust and bad customer service.

Heck, I could not be bothererd buying an other brand too because my experience with Jeep dealers have put me off new cars alltogether.

I think there is an incentive to p!ss off as many excisting customers as possible, a bonus sceme for every customer that does not return anymore.

Can you imagine, the sales manager at my local dealer is hiding for me when I come into his showroom you can just see his fat stupid sticking out from behind his desk just because he knows he can't ripp me off with a £4000,00 below list price trade inn offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:57 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

£4000,00 below list price trade inn offer :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:34 am 
LOST Newbie

Dutchy wrote:
My experience with Jeep dealers over the past 6 years have put me of buying a new Jeep ever again.

Hey - I won´t buy any new car anymore!
Just imagine - a 3.7 Cherokee Ltd had a price tag of +52k euros back in 2003. Now I have it as second hand and it cost me only 18k.

It seems to me, that car stealers have it going strong these days. I interviewed some "seller of the month"-blokes during the last year, when I was looking a KJ for myself and they quite "honestly" claimed, that a new car looses one half of its price during the first year :shock:

I`ve bought one car as brand new this far - and that same car most certainly will be the last one :evil:

General Grabber AT2 265/70 on AEZ Namib 8*16 w/ 5"bs

Beer & sausage - real E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:37 am 
LOST Member

[quote="FinKj
It seems to me, that car stealers have it going strong these days. I interviewed some "seller of the month"-blokes during the last year, when I was looking a KJ for myself and they quite "honestly" claimed, that a new car looses one half of its price during the first year :shock:

I`ve bought one car as brand new this far - and that same car most certainly will be the last one :evil:[/quote]

Can you imagine, the dealer makes £4000 profit on my trade in plus £3000- £4000 on the sale of the new car and in return I loose about £8000 in the first year and get the kind of service level and attitude you might expect in a third world communist country and that all for what is basically a £10.000 ($20.000) car is the US, no thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:05 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Yeah....31.000 € for a new one over here... but I do not think they make a 3000/4000 GBP profit on it though. I'd be surprised if after al their expenses and sales team salary etc it's more than 500/800 GBP.

But what can we do? Buy a Subaru? :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:38 am 
LOST Newbie

tonycrd wrote:
Yeah....31.000 € for a new one over here... but I do not think they make a 3000/4000 GBP profit on it though. I'd be surprised if after al their expenses and sales team salary etc it's more than 500/800 GBP.

Yeah - lets :D

General Grabber AT2 265/70 on AEZ Namib 8*16 w/ 5"bs

Beer & sausage - real E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:23 am 
LOST Member

FinKj wrote:
tonycrd wrote:

Yeah - lets :D

That's not a grazy thought, the new Forester comes with a boxer diesel this year, 50 mpg, top speed of 120 mph 0-60 around 9 seconds, heated whipers, full independant suspension and permanent 4 wheel drive and always in the top 3 of most reliable cars.
To top it off, it will be in the price range of the Compass, the only drawback is that it is not a full blown 4x4. but than again the KJ is not a Defender either.

Last edited by Dutchy on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.