It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any good Jeep dealers in UK or Europe?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:22 am 
LOST Member

This is one or the European LOST members.

Can you recommend a Jeep dealer in the UK or Europe who knows what they are doing and are trust wordy ?

I ask this as I just found the third rubbish Jeep dealer in Scotland and I'm willing to go to England or the Continent for repairs.

This time it was only an oil overfill of 1 1/2 Liters (3 pints) and over inflated tyres and a wrong diagnosis of a problem that does not excist.
So one day after spending £350 ($700) for a service I was under there correcting their lack of workmanship (again) :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:09 am 
LOST Member

Anybody?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:35 am 
clean machine
clean machine

Some of us have trouble with any sentence that contains "good" and "dealer". I stopped going to the local one here because their mistakes went from amusing to irritating to very aggravating. I'd suggest you ask any local car or off-roader clubs to see if there are any reputable private mechanics who can take over servicing for you. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:09 am 
LOST Addict

You could also pick up a repair manual and start doing things yourself.
Most basic sevicing is not difficult, and you can save a lot of money by doing things yourself.

Use the forums here and elsewhere for info. http://www.jeepforum.com/wiki/index.php/KJ_Liberty

Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:47 am 
LOST Member

Yes, you guys are right, Jeep dealers are frustratingly inadequate and in my case are the source of every problem I had with my KJ.

The only reason I still went to a dealer for servicing is that you need the stamp in the service manual, this is quite important if you want to sell your car, cars without a full service history are worth less than the ones with them.

But I have come to a point that I can't be bothered anymore, I have experienced too much abuse, downright stupidity and even fraudulent behaviour by some Jeep dealers.

Last edited by Dutchy on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

hi dutchy
you can get a stamp off any garage service station,doesnt have to be a jeep dealer
couple of the guys from uk who posted in this euro section recommended jeep dealers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:58 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Hello dutchy and welcome,

You're Scottisch or Dutch? ( like me )

See our 'Dealer service in your country' thread, seems like LogicLee found a good one in the UK. You can PM him for the name and adress if you want.

Then there's always Germany, see comment made by Jinstall. But that's a bit far for your oil change.

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:03 am 
LOST Member

tonycrd wrote:

See our 'Dealer service in your country' thread, seems like LogicLee found a good one in the UK. You can PM him for the name and adress if you want.

Then there's always Germany, see comment made by Jinstall. But that's a bit far for your oil change.

Yep.I'm Dutch ( at least I was last time I checked my passport) but I moved to Scotland 7 years ago, quiter live, better taxes and no overcrowding like in the Netherlands.

I did not realise there is a Euro Lost part here, well you are never too old to learn.

I have decided to do the services myself, I will keep the Cherokee for a while and sell it to a local farmer in a couple of years, instead of stamps in the service manual I will put my greasy thumb print down :lol: in my book that has more cred. than a Jeep dealer's stamp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:17 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Dutchy wrote:

Yep.I'm Dutch ( at least I was last time I checked my passport) but I moved to Scotland 7 years ago, quiter live, better taxes and no overcrowding like in the Netherlands.

Hallelujah, finally...another one. Same reason why I moved to Spain. You didn't get much climate change though :D

Quote:
I did not realise there is a Euro Lost part here, well you are never too old to learn.

Euro lost was born on 25-01-08, so we're only a week old.

Quote:
I have decided to do the services myself, I will keep the Cherokee for a while and sell it to a local farmer in a couple of years, instead of stamps in the service manual I will put my greasy thumb print down :lol: in my book that has more cred. than a Jeep dealer's stamp.

Good one! I've made the same decision after stealer gave me a quote for the 100k tune up: 1275€ :shock:

Got any pics of you car? Willing to share? Post them in our KJ's around europe thread....please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:11 pm 
LOST Addict

tonycrd wrote:

Good one! I've made the same decision after stealer gave me a quote for the 100k tune up: 1275€ :shock:

Insane, my KJ had that service done just 12,000kms before I bought it. When I looked in the manual I saw how much work was involved and I was happy I had it done by someone else.

IIRC they change ALL fluids, transmission, engine, transfer case, differentials. Then all filters go as well. The checklist for what they inspect is huge.

After I got mine I change everything at a mates place. No need to do that at a dealer shop. Besides I feel more confident in the work done when I do some of it myself and I get to select the oil.

DIESEL - saving millions of liters of petrol every day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:40 pm 
LOST Member

The climate up here is a bit on the cool side but hey, I don't have to lock my doors anymore and you get to do all this cool stuff like buying a generator for when the electricity is on the blink again, and getting your own firewood with a chainsaw, building your own house and driving flooded roads and dodging fallen trees when it storms, I love it.

The 100km 60.000 Mile service costed me about £650 or 950 Euro and therefore they scratched my paint and broke off the plastick holdings from the aircon pipe on top of the fan and overfilled the engine oil.

I'm happy that there is finally a Euro Lost, the American guys are friendly enough but some of our Jeep issues (and humor :lol: ) are very different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dutchy wrote:
tonycrd wrote:

dutchy
you dont need dealers service stamp,any garage stamp is ok as it show it was serviced,so any service station will do and cost you alot less
i do my own service as i will drive my kj till it drops as wont be worth much more when changing and speciall with all this new euro eco changes ,any jeeps etc before 2008 will be hit hard in resale value

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dutchy wrote:
The climate up here is a bit on the cool side but hey, I don't have to lock my doors anymore and you get to do all this cool stuff like buying a generator for when the electricity is on the blink again, and getting your own firewood with a chainsaw, building your own house and driving flooded roads and dodging fallen trees when it storms, I love it.

The 100km 60.000 Mile service costed me about £650 or 950 Euro and therefore they scratched my paint and broke off the plastick holdings from the aircon pipe on top of the fan and overfilled the engine oil.

I'm happy that there is finally a Euro Lost, the American guys are friendly enough but some of our Jeep issues (and humor :lol: ) are very different.

reason i was looking for L.O.S.T EURO was helping each other on this side of water,to learn from our experiences and more,help locate parts etc,maybe even in time have A L.O.S.T EURO MEET when we better setup and more on board
The guys here from states i find helpful,maybe after living in states for 11 yrs helps me know where they comming from
i think we can learn alot from our cousins in L.O.S.T from states and THE L.O.S.T is american setup and so we should thank them for setting up this section,Jeep support is poor in eurozone compared to states,so is getting parts which cost so much more
what get me is you cant get parts as simple as oil filters or fuel filter in what we call here as moot factors or maybe better known as motor part stores,every bloody thing has to come from dealer
its bull
simple thing should be able to be got outside dealer.i'll stop as this gets me going
I think jeep EURO have alot to answer for
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:36 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Dutchy wrote:

X2!

Must be a Dutch thing... :D

And I'm 100x behind Brian ( Kelticknight ): ever so gratefull for letting us set this up. Seems like we're getting of the ground, lots of people looking at our section! And I too find it bull there's not even a sparkplug available at local parts stores.

They told me a couple of days ago: We are sorry but JEEP is the more exclusive line of Chrysler here so....yech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

think me and tony where first to ask for a section for euro kj guys,i feel we can help each other as tony has said
maybe at times when we have the numbers and we looking for parts from states,we can setup a group buy or something
lets make this a good place for all euro kj owners
as we go along,we learn a dn help each other
cheers
Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:57 am 
LOST Addict

Oh boy where to start.

I fitted my ASFIR engine+transmission+transfer case armor with little problems.

I found a good oil catch tank which works well (can be "tuned" with steel wool though).

I have finally found some front brake pads that will fit my KJ. The rear ones have to be original, as far as I found out. Original pads cost twice as much as not original. Go figure.

I have bought a Mahle OC247 oil filter which supposedly fits the KJ. I have a feeling I will have to buy an original oil filter just in case the mahle one doesn't fit! Just imagine standing there with an engine empty of oil and a filter that won't fit! Use the old filter for another 10,000kms??

On the "exclusive chrysler vehicle" thing I can only say that I've got so much trouble finding insurance for the car. Most companies say they just won't do it! There was only one insurance company which I found that covers the jeeps for the same price as the other brands. This insurance company only wants to know if the car has more than 90bhp and what the car weighs. Had I not found this company I couldn't have bought the jeep. It would have been too expensive to insure. A Nissan Patrol would be much easier to insure! I don't understand, as the Patrol is more expensive, weighs more and consumes more fuel.

DIESEL - saving millions of liters of petrol every day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dont understand why you had so much trouble with insurance.
maybe because it american jeep,who knows,insurance company are like politics,full of it

2'' Daystar lift kit
remapped ecu
Mopar light system
Samco Blue Hoses
Razer R20s filter
K&N Air filter system
Airflow snorkel system
builtin garmin system
bridgestone 245/70/16 All Terrains

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Euro L.O.S.T. ?!

Gotta find it somewhere :D

F.Y.I.

When I was buying my ´03 Cherokee last summer it had around 90k on the clock, the stealer promised, they´d include the 90k service to its price. Ofcourse I was happy and decided to buy the one as I didn´t have to worry about lubes and filters etc.

Well, well - later last year I found out, that no bolts whatsoever underneath the car was touched - they were as dirty as all other parts under the car. So I got a bit alarmed and decided to carry out the oil change myself.
And I´m glad I did - according to what came out...
Not much later I got in my head to check the air filter - not been changed.
The only thing visible they actually did - they renewed the brake pads.
So the stealerships are the same here aswell :evil:

I now have a garage trustworthy enough to do those dirty things for me - thank God!
Oh - a funny thing that happened a couple years ago, when I was still driving a Fiat.
They had to top up my washer tank as a listed task in 20k service. Or that´s what I was told...
I had already taken care of the washer tank a couple of weeks before, so...the cup full they tossed in, cost me 12€ :D

B.r: Timo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:52 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Seems like filling whasher fluid is automaticly added to the bill even if they did nothing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:24 am 
LOST Newbie

tonycrd wrote:
Seems like filling whasher fluid is automaticly added to the bill even if they did nothing...

Yep!

That was my last visit in that establishment :P

General Grabber AT2 265/70 on AEZ Namib 8*16 w/ 5"bs

Beer & sausage - real E=mc2