It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dealer service in your country....any good?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:31 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

In mine (Spain) it is absolutely ridiculous, I saw my KJ started to rust from within ( some lumps in the paint ) on the roof right next to the hinge for the rear glass door. So I went to my dealer. Told me to go away and leave him alone because my car is to old and had to much Km to have any kind of warranty...( not true, on the first series they gave a 7 year warranty whatever the Km's ).

So I did not discuss this with him and called his boss JEEP SPAIN myself, after having them telling me to leave them alone I got a little upset and told them what I thought of their attitude and JEEP España in general. So they pass me with someone who knows what they're talking about and I had him run my complaint through the warranty department and YES I still am covered under warranty. Until October of this year.

So I took the car back to my dealer. They took some photographs and told me they'd run it by the warranty department in Madrid and that they would call me soon to make an appointment to have the car fixed.

That was all in October....It's now January....Called Jeep Spain and my dealer 4 times already...still no answer...meanwhile the rust is getting bigger and bigger... :(

And you know how they handle the LBJ ( lower ball joint ) Recall? They just let you drive until they start to make noise and then they change them under warranty pretending it's all of their well doing to you our highly regarded customer. Liars!!! I had to find out through JEEP.com there was a second recall on the LBJ! I had to tell my dealer to change them myself. No call, no letter, no e-mail. But if they have a new model on sale ow boy do they know how to find me and fill my mailbox. :evil:

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

all dealers are crap regardless what make
with recall with lower ball joints,got letter from jeep and dealer did it,to say that ,i have air k&n filter in which i asked dealer last time jeep was with them to fix something and asked while they had jeep to do service which they did,but found out lately they didnt clean the filter,i rang them and told them what i thought of there service,never again,do services myself but that one only time i asked ,they fecked up
why you got rust tony as your in warmer climate,do you guys have alot of salt on road in winter conditions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:49 am 
LOST Addict

My dealer is A+++++ They have always gone above and beyond for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:33 am 
LOST Addict

My dealer has been nice to me, I've been messing them up with all sorts of request for part numbers and they have been friendly with me.

I haven't been robbed by their service department because I was clever enough to ask what the service would cost me. $800(€580) to change oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter. Can you believe it???

So I changed it at a friends place for €150 (original parts + 2 x 4ltr 5w-40 Esso Ultron oil). Had Jeep been cheaper to deal with I'd spent my money there instead.

DIESEL - saving millions of liters of petrol every day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:09 am 
LOST Junkie

The service side of my local stealership is terrible car went in for lbj recall when i returned to pick it up they said they had been trying to contact me as my front pads were dangerously low,i asked how much to change them and they said £180 ...as you can guess i told them to p**s off. On way home i picked up some pads and headed down to my friends garage to use his ramps ,took first wheel off and the pads were less than half worn :x .Lying cheating b****** .I changed them over anyway whilst i had already bought them.The guys who work in the parts dept couldn't be more polite and helpful though.But a bad experiance like that means i will never ever take my car there for work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

kelticknight wrote:
why you got rust tony as your in warmer climate,do you guys have alot of salt on road in winter conditions

So I got 2 ideas:

The dealer I got the KJ from is way up in the north of spain close to the French border and it snows regularly there. Maybe due to humidity / roadsalt and such car started to rust.

Or as I used to live at 100mtr's from the beach the salty air did it.

Funny thing is I have no rust on any other body panel or suspension part. It must be something that was already in the steel when they fabricated the car.

I use Turtle wax once a month and car is shiny as new ( just a scratch here and there from tree branches :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:00 am 
LOST Newbie

My two local dealers are not too good but found a very good dealer around 30 miles away. I bought the Patriot from them and have both cars serviced by them.
They have been fine with warranty work as well as the recalls and servicing. Usually get a demo car loaned to me for 24 hours when I have a car in.

The dealer is Hatfields in Sheffield if any UK members want to try them.

Cheers
Lee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:29 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

logiclee wrote:
Usually get a demo car loaned to me for 24 hours when I have a car in.

Wow.....they showed me where the bus-stop was.... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Uffe wrote:
My dealer has been nice to me, I've been messing them up with all sorts of request for part numbers and they have been friendly with me.

I haven't been robbed by their service department because I was clever enough to ask what the service would cost me. $800(€580) to change oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter. Can you believe it???

So I changed it at a friends place for €150 (original parts + 2 x 4ltr 5w-40 Esso Ultron oil). Had Jeep been cheaper to deal with I'd spent my money there instead.

if i let dealer service my crd like oil and filter and fuel filter and clean my k&n air filter,would cost in total €350
so i do it myself now
oil filter €11
fuel filter €65
have k&n
0il €24

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JIMMY JEEP wrote:
The service side of my local stealership is terrible car went in for lbj recall when i returned to pick it up they said they had been trying to contact me as my front pads were dangerously low,i asked how much to change them and they said £180 ...as you can guess i told them to p**s off. On way home i picked up some pads and headed down to my friends garage to use his ramps ,took first wheel off and the pads were less than half worn :x .Lying cheating b****** .I changed them over anyway whilst i had already bought them.The guys who work in the parts dept couldn't be more polite and helpful though.But a bad experiance like that means i will never ever take my car there for work.

jimmy
havent been to uk sinse i got ARB ,would i get hassle from cops there or they like cops here,just like to give you speeding fines and points
brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tonycrd wrote:
logiclee wrote:
Usually get a demo car loaned to me for 24 hours when I have a car in.

Wow.....they showed me where the bus-stop was.... :?

everytime i got something done at dealers,they rented me a cherokee commerical for 40 euros aday :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tonycrd wrote:
kelticknight wrote:

So I got 2 ideas:

The dealer I got the KJ from is way up in the north of spain close to the French border and it snows regularly there. Maybe due to humidity / roadsalt and such car started to rust.

Or as I used to live at 100mtr's from the beach the salty air did it.

Funny thing is I have no rust on any other body panel or suspension part. It must be something that was already in the steel when they fabricated the car.

I use Turtle wax once a month and car is shiny as new ( just a scratch here and there from tree branches :D )

if i lived up near dublin here,would have same problem with salt,but i dont :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

Kelticknight i doubt the police would give your bumper a second glance,they prob wouldnt realise it wasnt a stock part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

cheers jimmy

brian