It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 am 
LOST Junkie

yeah just got to wait and see if they are going to stump up the cash for a new Abar, idiots from insurance company made me take it in my boot to body shop to see if it could be repaired,even though i'd told them it could'nt and guess what they took one look at it and said"theres no way we can do anything with that".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

if they could get A-bar close to it and add the reg plate so it look like waht you want ,be nice,sinse the legal bull about A-BARS and BULL BARS in general,it sbloody hard to get a nice bull bar,was loads of the on ebay on other places thsi time last year,talking of bull,i have to order a water pump for mine at bearing is goen in water pump and none here,so have to come from main jeep in germany which takes over a week,so cant drive much,they said they probly ahve to change timing belt as it due in another 20 thousand miles,what a week
when do you expect to see teh kj back

2'' Daystar lift kit
remapped ecu
Mopar light system
Samco Blue Hoses
Razer R20s filter
K&N Air filter system
Airflow snorkel system
builtin garmin system
bridgestone 245/70/16 All Terrains

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:35 am 
LOST Junkie

A week or so and i should have it back.If you ever need any parts i could always call at my dealership and post them over too you.If your doing the belt the kit consists of a belt and two pulleys,but buy the tensioner as well better to be safe than sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:19 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Guys I moved the comments on Ketic's waterpump to the waterpump thread. OK? So we stay on topic a little.

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:15 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Jimmy any update? Or will you keep the VW? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

The nimrods at the body shop phoned yesterday and said "er we cant get hold of your bull bar" i said i told you that you wouldnt be able to find one when i brought the car in and proceeded to tell them Again that you guys had been on the hunt and that tony had found me one in Germany and if they give me a cheque i will order it. They replied "well there illegal now so we wouldnt be able to fit it" i told them i would fit it myself,so story so far they still havent started repairing/replacing the bumper,i will have to wait and see what insurance company says about Abar and its costing the insurance company £480 a week for the VW Toureag. Oh and Tony i might need your language skills to find out the postage on the bar you found for me in Germany.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:39 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

stupid laws...over here it only applies to cars that came on the market in '07, you still can fit an A bar but it must be a crash proven/ pedestrian save certified one. (If you want to take a walk just do not walk in front of my Jeep!)

Let me know if you need my help Jimmy, you have my email address too so...

Darn, for 1 week of car rental they could buy you a new A bar...are they stupid or what...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:16 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

By the looks of your new avatar I take it you got your KJ back? Still looks good!

Any word on your A bar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:19 am 
LOST Junkie

No Tony ive still got the touareg ,pic was taken week before car went into body shop.Still waiting for phone call to tell me its ready. . :( .Just decided to add a pic to my avatar.At this rate i will have to join a vw forum and put a lift on the touareg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:21 am 
LOST Member

Hi Jimmy,

As you seems to become our test driver for alternative 4x4's, how is the VW Touareg by the way?

Is it nice to drive, interior space any good, engine?

Looks like a great alternative to the Grand Cherokee, good looks and German engineering, I bet you wont find rust on these after only 5 years like you do on a Jeep and parts should also be easy and cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:50 am 
LOST Junkie

Hi Dutchy, the Touareg is a very nice motor,engine is a V6 3000cc tdi goes real well and would eat my 2.8 crd alive.It has really good road manners and handles very well.You are aware of its size though when travelling down narrow country roads.It has every gadget you could want ,tv's ,multi changer,seperate air con,cruise,parking sensors,the full monty.I would recommend one to anyone who was toying with the idea.I'd like to try the v10 5000cc diesel it has the most torque of anything in its class. But it's not my jeep i want it back real soon :( . Now if i could fit the engine from the VW into my kj wow the ultimate jeep. Did some snooping on yout*be and the Touareg can do a bit more off road than it's looks like it capable of.Do you think the hire company will mind if i take it to Moab lol :shock: :D if you play you pay except it wouldnt cost me a penny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:08 am 
LOST Member

Thanks for your reply, I have seen them off road and they are not bad at all, at least as good as any stock Jeep (except the Wrongler maybe)
VW (Audi) TDI engines are about as good as it gets and I would not mind one in my Jeep either, the Compass and the Patriot come with a 2.0 TDI from VW.
Last year I spend some time in Germany and while I was strugling to keep my Cherokee straight at 160 km/h the Touaregs where passing me left right and centre at extremely high speeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Gentlemen (Spanish prices):

JEEP JK 2.8 CRD 27.290€

JEEP KK 2.8 CRD: 37.395€

Touareg V6 3.0 TDI 52.100€

Touareg V10 5.0 TDI 87.250€

Touareg W12 6.0 ( that must be the Bugatti Veyron engine? ) 93.770€ :shock:

As I stated in another post where a guy got all exited about these VW's:

I very much doubt their ofroad capabilaty. I do not think you can get of a wet golfcourse with one of these. These are not all rugged terrain trail rated like ours, and they are not supersportscars like a 911 or Lambo. They are something inbetween.

I see my KJ like the LARO Defender, rough noisy shacky ride but does it stop for anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:20 am 
LOST Member

tonycrd wrote:
Gentlemen (Spanish prices):

JEEP JK 2.8 CRD 27.290€

JEEP KK 2.8 CRD: 37.395€

Touareg V6 3.0 TDI 52.100€

Touareg V10 5.0 TDI 87.250€

Touareg W12 6.0 ( that must be the Bugatti Veyron engine? ) 93.770€ :shock:

As I stated in another post where a guy got all exited about these VW's:

I very much doubt their ofroad capabilaty. I do not think you can get of a wet golfcourse with one of these. These are not all rugged terrain trail rated like ours, and they are not supersportscars like a 911 or Lambo. They are something inbetween.

I see my KJ like the LARO Defender, rough noisy shacky ride but does it stop for anything?

Hi, Tony,

I did mention it would be a nice alternative for the Grand Cherokee, over here they arein the same price bracket and the 2,5TDI is even cheaper.
The v10 TDI you only need when you need to pull a B 747 now and again, as you do.

I have seen the Touareg in action and ground clearance is much better than any stock Jeep due to the air suspension and with BFG's it will do more than just the local golf course and they even do a military version with a machine gun out of the sunroof 8)

The whole trail rated batch thing of our KJ's especially the the lowered once since 2003 is just a marketing gimmick, a stock KJ is ok off road if you don't go to wild but compared with a stock Landy 90 it is crap, but therefore a Landy 90 is king of crap on road, it is allways a compromise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

Update,had a right go at the insurance company today,boy are they stupid.This morning i phoned the bodyshop that the car is AWAITING repairs at,to be told they hadn't started it yet but were hoping it will be done by Monday or Tuesday.After calling the bodyshop i was not happy so i phoned my insurance company and spoke to some idiot,i demanded to speak to my claims assistance advisor.After about 20 mins on the phone he said "right i will get the bodyshop to refit your Abar and then get an accessor to have a look and see how much compensation he will award you.
I went mad and told him "i was not going to drive around with a dented bar and get a few pounds for my troubles"."Before the accident it was perfect and i want it to be like it was before,i'm insured and not at fault".The idiot said were trying to keep down costs". On hearing this i lost the plot and demanded to know how much the VW Touareg hire car was costing?..............get this a £105 a day times 21 days = £2205 all because they have dragged their feet allowing the bodyshop to start.
I went beserk they could have bought me several Abars for that and a holiday somewere. I offered to to drive to his location and kick his car door in and offer him £50 and see if he would be happy with that.
He repeatedley told me that due to a change in law ,that the bodyshop would not be allowed to fit a new bar to my car (the fact they cant find one is a better reason).I told them i would fit it myself if they pay for me to get one.
He then suggested that i get a written quote from the firm in Germany (were Tony had located a bar the same as mine0 and send it to a firm in Liverpool that they use for loss adjustments to see if they will authorise a cheque so that i can purchase one.
This is the least they can do i'm insured i'm not at fault, i pay extra for legal protection,these berks should be working on my behalf.
The moral of this story, insurance companies are staffed by baffoons ,they love taking your money off you everyear but are not to good at paying out.They are totally incompetent of organising anything and costs spiral out of control. My vehicle should have spent no more than 2-3 days in the bodyshop having the bumper repaired,and i could have picked it up and then sorted out the Abar issue afterwards,instead of incurring £2205 in vehicle hire charges + the repair + a new Abar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:11 am 
LOST Addict

That sounds exactly like my experience with a danish insurance company when my girlfriend was rammed by a drunk driver. The world is in balance, indeed.

DIESEL - saving millions of liters of petrol every day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:56 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

How about my Spanish adventure? My 'expert' disappeared. So nobody was able to pay the bill once my car was 'repaired'. (they did a very bad job, go figure there was nobody controlling them)

So then my car spend 2 weeks parked in front of the body shop...while I was still driving around in their hire car...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:10 pm 
LOST Junkie

Got jeep back this afternoon,not happy with the paint job,uneven runs in it ect so it's gonna have to go back :( .Felt like driving a tractor when i got it back compared to the touareg,but glad to have it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:07 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Haleluja...sure took them long enough. And I now just how you felt after driving another car for a couple of weeks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:59 am 
LOST Junkie

Got jeep back "Take 2" ,at last they have managed to paint the bumper and it doesn't look like a four year old did it. :) .Now it's just a matter of trying to persuade a seller in Germany to send me a written quote for an Abar to send to my insurance.He is being a Richard and doesn't want to give me a quote as i didnt buy my original bar from him .What an arse he will be £600 richer the idiot.Perhaps it's because we kicked their arse in the war.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next