It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Visiting The Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

Next week I'm visiting The Netherlands and I was wondering what "Jeep" trouble I could get into :D Maybe buy some genuine Euro tail lights.

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:13 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Get 'Cherokee' badges for your Libby!

And the euro taillights have fog lamps L&R and different bulbs. ...

I know becouse I bought a set of US spec...that are now useless to me :x

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

tonycrd wrote:
Get 'Cherokee' badges for your Libby!

And the euro taillights have fog lamps L&R and different bulbs. ...

I know becouse I bought a set of US spec...that are now useless to me :x

All right, there's a couple of ideas 8) Now if only I could find an automotive store and be able to read Dutch :?

my trail queen
95 YJ with a RE 4" lift, 33" ProComp Extreme's, M8000 Winch, Lockrite Locker up front, Super35 in the rear and 4.88 gears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:32 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Now problem there, most Dutchy's speak English.

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

Well I'm here in The Netherlands and Tony has been gracious enough to teach me the local lingo.

Last night I was at a local bar and asked for a Rum & Coke... :oops: I guess that has a different meaning here :lol: Next time I'll ask for a Cuba Libre

Today I saw my first Jeep !!! but it was only a Compass. Gas is expensive here and to be truthful I haven't seen anywhere that you could go offroad even if you could afford the gas. Maybe on the weekend I'll get to go shopping for Euro parts.

my trail queen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

This week I discovered a Jeep club in The Netherlands while surfing; http://www.jeepclub.nl/ I have to use the Google language tools to translate the webpages for me, I can't read Dutch.

I'm still looking for sight of a Jeep while here, all I'm seeing are the occassional Land Rover.

my trail queen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

Well I'm back home now and settling into my typical routine which for Canadians at least is shoveling snow.

Before returning home I did rent a bike for the day and drove (okay, I pedaled) to the Eindhoven Chrysler dealership to see their Jeeps & to buy some unique Jeep accessories.

I didn't see anything other than a Dodge Nitro that resembled the North American Liberty. From the posters on the wall of the dealership it appears the North American Liberty was sold as a Cherokee from 2001 to 2007. I'm assuming that they now only sell the Grand Cherokee (the North American Grand Cherokee) not the Cherokee. The only thing in the showroom that resembled an 09 North American Liberty was an 09 Dodge Nitro.

I did happen to spot a used 04 Jeep Cherokee. It's a CRD with a manual transmission selling for 16,000 Euro.

It was odd to see the Cherokee badge on it.

I did ask about the possibility of getting "Cherokee" tail lights for my Libby but was told that they would first need the VIN number from my vehicle before they could order the item for me. The tail lights didn't look that different and would likely have taken some imagination to modify for my Libby. I did like the idea of the "Cherokee's" radio antenna within the rear quarter window. I'm always catching my Libby's antenna on the trees.

Before leaving the dealership I met a pleasant young woman who was more than happy to sell me some Jeep related accessories. Besides several hats & keyrings I bought a couple of knapsacks.

By the way, in one corner of the showroom were two new JK's, a two door Wrangler & a four door model both with the 3.4L CRD engine.

my trail queen