It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stealership service
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just had the 2nd service on my jeep (to a cost of £340.00 :shock: ).
JUst a quick question to anyone- after returning home from said service i dipped my oil to see the oil all black on the dip stick :evil: Now to my untrained eye black oil is normaly old iol or am i a numb nut :roll: ?
any feed back would help.

Thanks

Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

Diesels dirty their oil much more than petrol engines ,so its normal that even after an oil change the oil will appear dirty,the only time i got clean oil was when my m8 who owns a garage told me to whizz my car in onto ramps ,he added an engine flush let it tick over for 30 mins, drained the oil,filled with fresh oil ran for 30 mins ,drained oil ,and then repeated again ,my oil was clear and stayed like that for a week or so.Even though your oil looks dirty rub your fingers over end of the dipstick and you should be able to see if its old or new oil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:25 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Jimmy!!! Your alive!!! :D :D

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the feedback jimmy :D , i phoned the steelership that done the service with my concerns etc they promised the service manager would phone me back :? .................................................3 days later .......................... nothing so looks like a trip to them this weekend. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 am 
LOST Member

Dont bother going back as they will just fob you off.
When thy don't do the flush the oil will be black immediatly after servicing as there is a lot of old oil still in there, I did an oil change myself and found that I could only fill it up with new oil a pint less than recommended.
My dealer just filled the recomended amount and overfilled the engine by a pint every time.
Just check if the level is good and do the change yourself next time or go to an independant garage for the service.

The most repeated sentence I heard from my dealer was "i'm sorry YOU are not happy with our service" so it was still my fault. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:01 am 
LOST Junkie

Lol Tony ,yip i'm still alive .How's everything your end?. I haven't been on here as often as id have liked been far too busy with work and my other aircooled VW hobby,have been in contact with Brian (keltick) though. I've missed the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:13 am 
LOST Junkie

Good to see you're still around Jimmy :D

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well i wish i had taken my wellies with me the bull s##t they gave me could have filled an olimpic size swimming pool and as you pointed out Dutchy it was my fault- they lost my phone number and address etc that's why they never phoned, the mech is on holiday etc
as i explained to the a##holes I WILL NOT BE TAKING MY JEEP BACK TO THEM, also told them i shall be letting my mates know.