It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: E T C FAULT ? HELP?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

1st off my i take this opp' to wish everyone on here and they're familys a very merry christmas and a brilliant new year.

2nd driving home from work today and a red warning light (a lighting flash symbol) started to flash just read the idiots guide (handbook) and says to take to stearlership for service (££££££££££££££££'s).

Any help please
Many thanks
Alan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:16 am 
LOST Junkie

Happy Christmas and New Year to your and yours as well:))

From your description, I've no idea what could be the cause of the warning light. How long have you had the vehicle, and when was it last serviced?

I'd be inclined to take it to a dealer and get them to put it on the machine to get an explanation of the cause of the warning. It may be something fairly minor that you can sort yourself, or have sorted at reasonable cost; alternatively it could signal the sort of bad news you want to get sorted sooner rather than later!

Being in Wales, I'm not sure if there are any main Jeep dealers left in the country - I'd heard they'd all closed. Be worth while posting on Jeepclub.co.uk to see if anyone there can recommend a good independent or main dealer within a reasonable distance from you.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

thanks for the reply Lancer,
my jeep is still under 3 yrs old, but as you point out about the stearlership in Wales theres is one about 30 odd miles but to put it kindly they are s##t. Had it serviced back in September 09 ( don't get me started on that again ).
Once again thanks for your help, thought if it was simple i would do it. I'll phone the helpline in the morning when i get home from nights.

Thanx
Alan.