It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Factory Alarm
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 am 
LOST Newbie

When I set / cancel the alarm with the remote (keyless entry), the indicater lights flash, but when the alarm is sounding, there is no visible indication. Is it possible to get the lights or indicators to flash? (When I hear an alarm, I look to see which vehicle it is).

I have also noticed that the only way to no arm the alarm is to lock the drivers door with the key. Unfortuantly, this does not lock all the other doors, which means I have to remote lock, then unlock drivers door then lock using the key. In the old XJ, just using the internal door lock button would lock the doors but disable the alarm.

I will admit that it's not very often I need to lock the vehicle with the alarm disabled (usually only required when travelling on ferries), but I am worried that the time I forget, I will return to my Jeep and find a flat battery.

Ivan

Post subject: Re: Factory Alarm
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, I know when my alarm goes off the hazards flash, and when the alarm has been activited, when you press the fob the alarm chirps and the hazards flash twice.
Hope this helps.

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 am 
LOST Newbie

I know the hazards flash when I arm / disarm the alarm, and they flash for about 5 seconds whilst the alarm sounds for about 30 seconds.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:47 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Maybe this helps...a little...http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25640

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es