It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Traveling to UK
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I will be traveling to UK around end of February. Will be flying into London Heathrow. My family friends are picking me up and will be driving back to their places in Wales. They live around Rhymney in Wales. I see most of the UK folk are in England. It's a long shot, but hopefully I will run into some of you.

Cheers,
Sarah xx

Post subject: Re: Traveling to UK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

just found your post. hope you enjoy wales, its pretty much the capital of the UK off road scene. Don't think you'll see anything like your truck over here just a lot off them in super market car parks. Oh and don't forget to check out the price of fuel!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Too bad I can't rent a 4x4 to go wheeling. I would love to do something like that. I'm staying with a family I have known for a long time. I leave Friday and arrive about 6am London UK time @ Heathrow. There is a 4x4 event close to Heathrow but I can't go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

I just found your post as well! Have a great time in Wales - warning it will probably be wet. Wales is always wet. My school owned a cottage in Wales for outdoor training - always wet. I spent time with the army doing selection courses and training in Wales (well, the Brecon Beacons); guess what? Wet. Miracle I didn't rust :D

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lancer wrote:
I just found your post as well! Have a great time in Wales - warning it will probably be wet. Wales is always wet. My school owned a cottage in Wales for outdoor training - always wet. I spent time with the army doing selection courses and training in Wales (well, the Brecon Beacons); guess what? Wet. Miracle I didn't rust :D

Hello...must have lost this thread.
Wales was great...I saw where the SAS train, up in the inland mountains of Wales...its a beautiful country. Hope to come back over this summer, atleast before the 2012 Olympics :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:55 am 
LOST Junkie

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
Hope to come back over this summer, atleast before the 2012 Olympics :shock:

Sarah,
let us know next time you are over here in the UK, maybe this time we could meet up.
Fil.

Curt Front Hitch+Warn M8000 & Cradel
Asfir Front, Gearbox,Transfer Skid + Mopar Tank Skid
BF Goodridge KM2 & General Grabbers AT 245/75R16
OME NS131&790 + NS132L&948, 3/8 Boiler Top Plate, JBA 4.5, 2 Top Rear Isolators

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pippobug wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:
Hope to come back over this summer, atleast before the 2012 Olympics :shock:

Sarah,
let us know next time you are over here in the UK, maybe this time we could meet up.
Fil.

I will. Think this time I might actually go somewhere else besides Wales. The family I stayed with is giving me the cold shoulder for some reason. They don't talk to me as much now and I have known them for 13 yrs. :? :(

How far is London from you Fil? Maybe I can get a group of us together somewhere close.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:40 am 
LOST Junkie

blackwidowkj06 wrote:
How far is London from you Fil?

Sarah,

i am in Cambridge, about 1hr north east of London. Not the best part of the UK to go wheeling and it's very flat here (race horse country, I have Newmarket less that 15mls from me).

Fil.

Curt Front Hitch+Warn M8000 & Cradel
Asfir Front, Gearbox,Transfer Skid + Mopar Tank Skid
BF Goodridge KM2 & General Grabbers AT 245/75R16
OME NS131&790 + NS132L&948, 3/8 Boiler Top Plate, JBA 4.5, 2 Top Rear Isolators

Last edited by Pippobug on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pippobug wrote:
blackwidowkj06 wrote:
How far is London from you Fil?

Sarah,

i am in Cambridge, about 1hr north east of London. Not the best part of the UK to go wheeling and it's very flat here (race house country, I have Newmarket less that 15mls from me).

Fil.

Ehh, it's okay. Seeing a foreign diesel Jeep is pretty exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 am 
LOST Junkie

"Ehh, it's okay. Seeing a foreign diesel Jeep is pretty exciting"

Ok, just sit down and breathe into this bag :D

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lancer wrote:
"Ehh, it's okay. Seeing a foreign diesel Jeep is pretty exciting"

Ok, just sit down and breathe into this bag :D

Hope it's a brown paper bag.

Lancer, it's says you're in London. How far are you from Heathrow? That's where I flew into last time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

Not far - about 60 miles around the M25 - about 1.5 hrs(traffic permitting!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lancer wrote:
Not far - about 60 miles around the M25 - about 1.5 hrs(traffic permitting!)

The M4 from Cardiff, Wales to London, England was a pain. Believe it's the M4. On my way to my return flight to Heathrow...the fog was awful. Worse than it is here. I can't wait to go back. I want to soooo bad!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yep, it's the M4 and fog and traffic can be grim on that road. When are you coming over? And are you going back to Wales or heading to somewhere civilised?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lancer wrote:
Yep, it's the M4 and fog and traffic can be grim on that road. When are you coming over? And are you going back to Wales or heading to somewhere civilised?

Most likely won't be going back to Wales. Two members of the family i stayed with in Wales are giving me the cold shoulder...which means they are ignoring me for good...I thought women from USA were jealous people but geez! I was accused by the mom and daughter of the family I stayed with for doing something I never did. They ignored me the last 3 days of my trip...if it were not for the son and father, I would have gotten on a train to London to Heathrow...to go home much earlier. they were nicer to me than the mom and daughter. Do women in the UK always assume things so suddenly and twist a story to make it very different???
I want to stay in London this time. Its cheaper to fly to London and will probably have more fun. If Simon (the son) wants to see me I will get a train or make him go to London.
To be honest, people in wales seemed more civilized than people here. I guess I need to stay in London next time then huh?
I want to come back this year ASAP!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 am 
LOST Addict

Sorry I didnt think to look in this section sooner.
I've just returned (48hrs ago)from a 5 week trip to the UK & Europe. Lancer I should have made some sort of contact with you and others over there. Did a circuit of the UK (London-Scotland via Cambridge, Hexham etc then down to Portsmith via The Lakes District & Cornwall) in VW Golf Europcar before heading over to France/Spain/Austria & Italy. I would have loved to catch with some you guys.
On my entire trip I saw a few KJ's but only one (in Nimes Fr) that was not stock i.e. fitted with MT's & approx. 3" lift at a glance.
Maybe next time I'll think to make contact....?????

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:21 pm 
LOST Junkie

Feel free to pm if you are coming to London - meeting up if possible would be good! There are very few modded KJs here - the main vehicles to mod are - naturally, Land Rovers - Defenders and Mk 1&2 Discoverys. The parts and accessories for them are numerous and (relatively)cheap. Jeep stuff is horribly expensive, and fairly rare unless you have a Wrangler or an XJ - any model of Wrangler. The stuff for them isn't exactly everywhere, but it is more available than for the KJ or any of the Grands.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lancer wrote:
Feel free to pm if you are coming to London - meeting up if possible would be good! There are very few modded KJs here - the main vehicles to mod are - naturally, Land Rovers - Defenders and Mk 1&2 Discoverys. The parts and accessories for them are numerous and (relatively)cheap. Jeep stuff is horribly expensive, and fairly rare unless you have a Wrangler or an XJ - any model of Wrangler. The stuff for them isn't exactly everywhere, but it is more available than for the KJ or any of the Grands.

Alright mate, sounds good to me. Hope to be back over this year. Maybe the beginning of next year for the Rugby. ;)
Thought about flying into London cause its cheaper than flying into Cardiff. Just catch a train to Cardiff from London and find a hotel to stay in at London for 2 days.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

Looking forward to it :)