It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snorkel - for Right hand Driver - one option
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:14 am 
LOST Junkie

Hi,

I am always asked to post up pictures of my snorkel on the KJ, I bought the KJ and it was already fitted so I don't have a lot of info on it. I assume the previous owner took a Land Rover one from a Defender and modified it accordingly to fit. As my KJ is Right Hand Driver it might not suite most KJ on this board but here are the photos in any case.

Now, up to now I haven't had any problems with my annual inspection (MOT here in the UK) but sooner or later I might as it obstructs a bit the visual when coming up to crossroads. You do get used to it and now a days I don't even notice it. Would I recommend it not sure and have I tested it, not yet proparly. More than anything else it's there to allow the engine to beath better and it works well all in all. Also for some unknown reason the Air filter box has two(2) small holes in the bottom, not sure why they are there and sooner or later before I do any serious water crossing I will need to find some taps or seal them up.

Fil.

Curt Front Hitch+Warn M8000 & Cradel
Asfir Front, Gearbox,Transfer Skid + Mopar Tank Skid
BF Goodridge KM2 & General Grabbers AT 245/75R16
OME NS131&790 + NS132L&948, 3/8 Boiler Top Plate, JBA 4.5, 2 Top Rear Isolators

Post subject: Re: Snorkel - for Right hand Driver - one option
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:25 pm 
LOST Addict

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

Post subject: Re: Snorkel - for Right hand Driver - one option
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am very glad you posted this. It has given me a lot of insight on one of my future mods. Ill be willing to bet that the two small holes are to allow for a little bit of drainage if you do end up getting some water in there but yet it still defeats the purpose. Is there a way you could post a pic from the passenger seat looking at it? Im not sure how my wife would feel about me installing one similar to this. I would probably end up running it a lot closer to the pillar. and lower the intake a little but thats just me. Luckily my crd is left hand drive so i wouldnt have to have such a long intake tube. I really thought about running a housed K&N air filter because my stock box is cut up. Does your intake have a pre-filter on it up top? Also can you hear any noise from the intake? I would love to get some more noise from the intake growl! Other than all that it looks fricken awesome man! Nice grab!

06 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 112K miles, Clevis Lift, Front bumper trim, Straight Pipe Exhaust, Open Air Box Mod, PCV Bypass, Cobra CB, Rear Cargo Deck, 6 Lights, Roof Rack