It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2008 KK Coolant drain - help please!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi all,

Some help please with the procedure to drain the coolant,

1. Locate the radiator draincock. (NOTE: Radiator draincock is located on the left/lower side of radiator facing to rear of vehicle.)
2. Open the draincock - Do you turn clockwise or anticlocwise? I turned it anticlockwise about half turn, but there was no coolant coming out. I tried to insert a plastic rod into the draincock. However, it would go in.
3. Locate the cylinder block drains. (correct me if I am wrong, follow the big radiator hose at the right/lower side of the radiator facing to the rear of the vehicle, to the first manifold above the front diff.
4. Remove the drain plug allow the coolant to drain. How much coolant will it actually drain?
5. I have sucked the coolant out from the reservoir.

I only got about 2 liters from the cylinder block and about 2 liters from the reservoir.

Can someone please post some pictures as to where the drain points are?

Post subject: Re: 2008 KK Coolant drain - help please!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

I was wondering this myself.. i just finished changing my heater core and it didn't seem like i was able to drain all of the coolant out. flushed and drained a few times but it still didn't feel right.
all i can say is the draincock needs to be turned and pulled out just a bit. ( after half a turn, pull and keep turning another half a turn)
as for the (cylinder block drains).. i'm not real sure about those i will check the jeep when i get home from work today.