It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking to get a lift, new tires, headlights, etc.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:05 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm eventually looking to lift my 2008 Jeep liberty sport 2-2.5inches. Dont know what kind of lift to get, body, suspension, etc, and just wanted to see what you guys put on your jeep.

Next, what tires did you but on with it? I would like 31's, but dont want any rubbing. What tires and wheels did you put with yours?
Also curious about your stock tires and wheels and what you can do with them without a lift, how big, etc.

Finally, I'm curious about headlights. I found a full set of new headlamps with halos in them, and now cant find them. I would like just the trim blacked out. And putting halo or led lights on there, with a blue tint to them.
Just curious what you guys put on yours.
Please feel free to post pictures and with what you have on it. Kind of on a budget, as I'm only 16 and working a part-time job, so everything will come slowly but surely. It is a full stock 2008 Jeep liberty sport 4x4.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Looking to get a lift, new tires, headlights, etc.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:38 am 
LOST Addict

gabbymae3 wrote:
I'm eventually looking to lift my 2008 Jeep liberty sport 2-2.5inches. Dont know what kind of lift to get, body, suspension, etc, and just wanted to see what you guys put on your jeep.

Next, what tires did you but on with it? I would like 31's, but dont want any rubbing. What tires and wheels did you put with yours?
Also curious about your stock tires and wheels and what you can do with them without a lift, how big, etc.

Finally, I'm curious about headlights. I found a full set of new headlamps with halos in them, and now cant find them. I would like just the trim blacked out. And putting halo or led lights on there, with a blue tint to them.
Please feel free to post pictures and with what you have on it. Kind of on a budget, as I'm only 16 and working a part-time job, so everything will come slowly but surely. It is a full stock 2008 Jeep liberty sport 4x4.

Thanks!

the liberty's are uni body, not body on frame like the wranglers. those you can do suspension and body lifts.

with your kj, 31s should fit, although id pm tjkj2002 for his onion. :google: :google: :google:

the first upgrade would need to be your suspension because the 31's will be very cramped without a lift.

save the headlights for another day. suspension is #1 if you want a lift.

Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:50 am 
LOST Addict

Best bet is going with an OME or Ironman lift from jeepinbyal.com. For tires best tire size you'll want to get is a 245/75R16.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:12 pm 
LOST Addict

gabbymae3 wrote:

Thanks!

Check this out:
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=79401

Anyways, we have a unibody, so no body lifts. Stay away from spacer lifts since they're hard on an already bad suspension. Plus they may be cheap, but after factoring shocks you'll be within a few hundred dollars away from a spring lift. Spacers will also only add lift to a sagging suspension. So say you sagged an inch from stock, and put a 2.5" spacer lift in, you'll only get 1.5" of true lift.

If you want affordable, check out OME(Old Man Emu) or Ironman. OME will get you 2.5" of lift with just springs and shocks(make sure you order 927 front springs and 731 rear springs). Ironman will net you about 2.25". With both lifts you can do a clevis lift. Max is 1/2" for Ironman, or 3/8" for OME. This is just because of how much the springs lift you plus the clevis will add too much lift. You can add a 1/4" spacer plate to both as well. 3" is max for stock a-arms, after that you'll need JBA's a-arms. Both OME and Ironman can be brought up to 3.5". If you want 4" you'll need the JBA adjust-a-struts. If you want to lift the rear to match the front after adding a clevis or plate to OME or Ironman, add 1 extra upper spring isolator per side. If you add both a clevis and spacer to the OME or Ironman, add 2 per side.

All that said, 245/75-16 or 265/70-16 will be about a 31" tire. 245/75-16 is closer to a 31x10, 265/75-16 is about 31x10.5. They will both fit on about 2.5-3" of lift. If they do end up rubbing, it'll be the pinch weld and that's easy to fix. The plus to both those tire sizes is that you can get away without regearing. Mileage will drop, and power will drop, but it will be livable.

Stock wheels will run both tire sizes, if you want to go aftermarket, try to stick with a 7" wide with 4" of backspacing. You can run 8" wide, but backspacing will change(I believe 4.5" works), but you should also only run a 245 or wider on it. Stock height, you're limited with how much you can push the tires out, as well as tire size. 245/70-16 is about the largest. Pretty much you have to stay around the 29" tall tire sizes.

Over all, just read the link. It'll answer everything with more detail. If you have any more questions just ask.

Oh as for the lights. Oracle makes halos to put in them. A member used to run them, they look pretty cool. You have to bake open the lights though. Also, you don't have to buy the black headlights, you can bake chrome ones open and paint them. There's a how to for it.