It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3.5 Rock Krawler
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

If I were to lift my 08 Liberty with the Rock Krawler, are their any reccomandations on what else I should do with it? Some people are telling me I would need new A-Arms or a drive shaft, which I dont know what to think of that. Are there any mods I should do after I get the RK? What are the biggest size tires I could run? It says 31 but im assuming with a little more..
Thanks!

Post subject: 3.5 Rock Krawler
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:43 pm 
LOST Member

I'm running the 3.5 rock krawler on my 08. All you need is longer rear shocks. And 31s are the biggest you're going to want to go without regearing. Just know you actually aren't going to get 3.5 inches of lift. They're spacers so the ride quality is also going to go down. I'm only running them until i save enough for a full spring lift.
ImageImage

Post subject: Re: 3.5 Rock Krawler
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Dont get RK, go with something off Jeepinbyal.com website. Old Man Emu, ironman. Your driveshafts are ok, you need arms anything over 3" of true lift.

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:51 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

gabbymae3 wrote:
If I were to lift my 08 Liberty with the Rock Krawler, are their any reccomandations on what else I should do with it? Some people are telling me I would need new A-Arms or a drive shaft, which I dont know what to think of that. Are there any mods I should do after I get the RK? What are the biggest size tires I could run? It says 31 but im assuming with a little more..
Thanks!

First stay the "H " away from Rock Krawler nothing but junk
Stick with OME or Ironman etc check jeepinbyal for all lift needs
stay with a 30 inch tall tire ( most go to a 245-75-16s )
Taller tire will need you to regear for power and mileage
Higher lift then 3-3.25 will need jeepinbyal UCAs and some otehr things on the KK
There is only one time to do a lift the right way, doing it wrong is just a waste of money

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm 
LOST Addict

dcbelcher26: Was that picture taken in Jersey?

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:48 pm 
LOST Member

Gageraid wrote:

Yup in collier mills out by new egypt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:56 pm 
LOST Addict

dcbelcher26 wrote:
Gageraid wrote:

Interesting. Near the race track?
Never heard of anyone going off road there before and I've lived in Jersey my whole life.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:58 pm 
LOST Member

Gageraid wrote:
dcbelcher26 wrote:
Gageraid wrote:

Interesting. Near the race track?
Never heard of anyone going off road there before and I've lived in Jersey my whole life.

Wouldn't call it offroading really. Just trails that lead to lakes, woods, fields, etc. i do a lot of fishing and hunting out there as well as target shooting. Its right by fort dix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:07 pm 
LOST Addict

As said, you'll only need longer rear shocks, and you should probably buy bigger front bumpstops too.

That said, stick with 245/75-16. You won't have to regear and shouldn't have rubbing. However, my friend runs the 3.5" RK lift and rubs with those tires. As the others have said you won't get 3.5" of lift. My friend's sits a good inch to 1.5" lower than my true 3.5" lift.

Honestly, if you want a real 3.5" lift take Tom's advice. Go with OME or Ironman springs/shocks and add the a-arms, top plates, and clevis.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:24 pm 
LOST Member

Bmxer524 wrote:
As said, you'll only need longer rear shocks, and you should probably buy bigger front bumpstops too.

That said, stick with 245/75-16. You won't have to regear and shouldn't have rubbing. However, my friend runs the 3.5" RK lift and rubs with those tires. As the others have said you won't get 3.5" of lift. My friend's sits a good inch to 1.5" lower than my true 3.5" lift.

Honestly, if you want a real 3.5" lift take Tom's advice. Go with OME or Ironman springs/shocks and add the a-arms, top plates, and clevis.

I have the same Rock Krawler 3.5 with 245/75/16 duratracs. I rubbed in the front before i cut my bumper up haha. A little saw work and i was good to go. I didn't need longer bumpstops even with the sway bar disconnected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:30 pm 

But in the end, why waste money on something that does not work well when there are far better lifts out there that last longer, ride and handle way better etc.
If you don't have the full price for a full spring lift just save up a month or two more.
The guy I bought my ARB front bumper from replaced sevearl UCAs, lower ball joints etc in a years time due to running a spacer lift
I installed a OME lift and the bumper within a month of one another and ran that first setup 100,000 miles before I upgraded to the next setup
You may save a quarter today but will pay long term